Starlink

/ Starlink #2,901  
If you don't have an obstruction free site for the Starlink antenna, you don't. You could always just toss the antenna on the roof, strapped down to some bricks or cinder blocks, see how you do, and go from there. As @plowhog's neighbor's experience shows, it may work just peachy anyway.

All the best,

Peter
FWIW, I had a similar experience. The only suitable dish mounting location I had was the roof peak at the south end of the house.

IMG_002458a.jpg
IMG_002457.jpg

When I used the pre install iPhone app at that location, it showed obstructions with service interruptions every 7 minutes or so. With little choice, I installed the dish at that spot anyway and have perfect reception with no interruptions at all.

During peak use times, the speed can be as low as 50 / 8 but usually averages 120 / 25. I have seen them as high as 260 / 40 during the early morning hours.

I suspect the app is a bit pessimistic.

/ Starlink #2,902  
Can anyone with the RV system confirm whether the cable is removable from both ends (controller and dish)? I know someone who just go this system and they feel like it isn't removable from the dish side because that's how it came in the package. I've not heard of any rectangular dish that doesn't have a fully removable cable though.

/ Starlink #2,903  
Can anyone with the RV system confirm whether the cable is removable from both ends (controller and dish)? I know someone who just go this system and they feel like it isn't removable from the dish side because that's how it came in the package. I've not heard of any rectangular dish that doesn't have a fully removable cable though.

It’s the same hardware both ends removable.

/ Starlink #2,905  
Again, this is from the roof. Going down hill and using a pole might gain me a bit. I am going to try a roof mount first. It should save me a bit of struggle with the pole and hopefully will give me what I need.
View attachment 760218

I also took a video to show what I am looking at.

FWIW: I'm all in favor of privacy. However, the app does work better if you give it location permissions.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #2,906  
FWIW: I'm all in favor of privacy. However, the app does work better if you give it location permissions.

All the best,

Peter

I keep pressing to allow “ when using app” but the message doesn’t go away.

/ Starlink #2,907  
global outage today we were down over an hour. not sure if they are repositioning satellites due to the last launch.