Starlink Best Efforts

/ Starlink Best Efforts #31  
Have been checking Starlink about every week for a year now.

Always shows our small area shaded out as not available at present.

Was reading the thread this morning and this time instead of checking the map, just tried to order instead.
Sure enough it all went through. The Mobley is pretty good when it works but can be out for extended periods.
No idea if they will actually come through in a timely matter.
Anyone know if SpaceX ships the dish does that guarantee that service will be allowed or can you get stuck holding a dish- but not internet service?

/ Starlink Best Efforts #32  
Have been checking Starlink about every week for a year now.

Always shows our small area shaded out as not available at present.

Was reading the thread this morning and this time instead of checking the map, just tried to order instead.
Sure enough it all went through. The Mobley is pretty good when it works but can be out for extended periods.
No idea if they will actually come through in a timely matter.
Anyone know if SpaceX ships the dish does that guarantee that service will be allowed or can you get stuck holding a dish- but not internet service?
If they are sending you the dish, you will have service. If your area is oversold, service might only be in the 30-50Mb/s download... but you will have service.

/ Starlink Best Efforts #33  
so what happened to starlinks support. I have sent them a request and followup. Its been 2 weeks now

/ Starlink Best Efforts #34  
so what happened to starlinks support. I have sent them a request and followup. Its been 2 weeks now
They have a tendency to close tickets without notifying users. I would resubmit it.

All the best, Peter

/ Starlink Best Efforts #35  
Mine is still performing well with no real issues. I may have to get Mesh to get a stronger signal at the far end of the house. Still often get way over 200 mps download.
Today.

Attachments

• ookla.png
    ookla.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 37
   / Starlink Best Efforts #36  
Got this email from Starlink today. So I signed up for "Best Effort" service, and now they are raising the rate because they can't deliver full service. I mean I get it, I assume they are raising costs to weed out people that don't really need the service, or to help fund improvements in ground based infrastructure where it's needed, but it's still kind of a kick to the face.

I saw a US Internet truck on the street earlier this week, hopefully they are planning on running fiber down my road soon. They charge $70/month for unlimited data and speeds in the Gigs, not Megs.

The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as follows:

• $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will be $120/month.
  • $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be $90/month.

As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023. For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective immediately.

If you do not wish to continue service, you can cancel at any time on your account page. Your Starlink hardware can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase, or a partial refund of $250 within 12 months of purchase.

As the SpaceX team launches more satellites to increase capacity, the Starlink team is making continuous network updates to improve performance over time. Thanks for being a customer and for your continued support of Starlink!