SSQA, From the Seat Release

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #1  

jigs_n_fixtures

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T233
DIY My Way, has a series of videos on adding a “from the seat” electrically controlled release/attach system to the SSQA on his Kubota.

Looks pretty straight forward to do. Definitely worth looking at, if you have a SSQA system.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #2  
I like his videos. A guy talking about interesting tractor things with a soothing delivery (pace and tone of speech etc).

Havent watched the vid yet but the thumbnail gets the basic idea right across. That looks like a very simple implementation and if someone has the space and none of their implements interfered in that center area it looks like a great idea.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #3  
I have the same thing but with Euro/Global and I love it. It’s one of those things where it seems frivolous, then you have it and it becomes invaluable

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #4  
I have the same thing but with Euro/Global and I love it. It’s one of those things where it seems frivolous, then you have it and it becomes invaluable
I have been procrastinating on adding a simple electric actuator to mine for so long that's not even funny. It's literally a 30 min job and I'm sure once I finally do it, I'll have the same opinion as you. It's a simple a thing but makes life a lot easier.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #5  
I have an electric actuator on my Deere skid steer and it is wonderful compared to the manual operation on my M5040 tractor. However, one other big difference is that the mount is clearly visible on the ss and 99% invisible on the tractor. If I am lucky, I can sometimes barely see the left corner.

orner of the mount

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #6  
DIY MW is a site I've visited a number of times, but not recently. Thanks for posting that link. His method of connecting the LA is simpler than I was planning and is very helpful. I bought an actuator last Spring, but have been too busy on other projects to get to it. Procrastination paid off in this case:)

Attachments

• IMG_2312.JPG
    IMG_2312.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #7  
I like the idea but I can see where it might fail if your quick latches and attachments are not in perfect working order as he suggests. You too have probably come across the bucket that was used in the gravel or the rocky clay last and has a blockage in the bottom pin hole? How is the manual override if needed? Possible without a wrench?

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #8  
I can attach or detach from the seat in seconds.
Wouldn’t buy another loader without it.
I have a function for grapple, snowplow and another function for attach/detach.
Mine is hydraulic and built into the blue loader joystick below the CVT knob

1668895737719.jpeg

Last edited:
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #9  
I probably missed it but does the actuator stop automatically when end of stroke is reached in either direction? In other words, does it have internal limit switches?

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #10  
I probably missed it but does the actuator stop automatically when end of stroke is reached in either direction? In other words, does it have internal limit switches?
Yes it does have limit switches