speed of an inline square baler?

/ speed of an inline square baler? #21  
He hasn't been seen since two months after he posted that....8 years ago.
Oh crap, I'm embarrassed that I didn't notice that...... :oops:

/ speed of an inline square baler? #23  
When square baking there does seem to be a just Goldilock’s just right speed. Maybe it’s the way the auger or forks that feed the plunger are sized, the amount this plunger feed chamber is sized, and the way the pick-up head is sped, that it just feels right to end up with 12-15 strokes/flakes per bale.

It seems if one goes faster that the bottleneck that gets overrun is this chamber before the plunger. At 540rpm, only so much hay can get feed into the plunger, else it piles up here?

It seems the “feel right” speed is somewhere between when the pick-up head isn’t pulling the windrow apart (too slow) and isn’t overloading the feed chamber? ..and you probably end up with 12-15 flakes.

I remember the sound of the Deere 336 baler would change pitch if you started over feeding it, but what is the problem if one stuffs a baler at 100% of what it will take? Or if you end up with a 5-7 flake bale? The baler seems to be working hard, but other than “feeling” odd, so what?

…just don’t be the guy on the kicker wagon trying to catch and stack them at that rate.

/ speed of an inline square baler? #24