South West Virginia

/ South West Virginia #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Beautiful area...

Had to drive for work, but I had the whole day, so I decided I didn't care if I got lost or not and I wanted to drive some roads I've never been on by taking the long way and not the interstate.

Going up 21 to Sparta, looking back at Pilot Mountain.

K1.jpg

Next up when I was in Virginia...
K4.jpg

K2.jpg

/ South West Virginia #3  
Is that pilot mt near mt airy? Is so that’s a long ways.

I’ve been looking at land in SW VA near Galax.

/ South West Virginia
I had to laugh... I texted my buddy from WV who is now living in NC, and told him you couldn't tell the difference if you were driving in WV or rural Vermont....

K12.jpg

People shooting at road signs, go figure LMAO

I'm getting old. Loved the area, but I couldn't help but think were is the closest hospital? LOL

/ South West Virginia #6  
Galax has a hospital, but not much else down there

Last edited:
   / South West Virginia
Is that pilot mt near mt airy? Is so that’s a long ways.

I’ve been looking at land in SW VA near Galax.
It is Pilot Mountain, but instead of looking at it from 79 or 52, it's on 21 going up to Sparta.

My wife and here mom has friends living in Galax as they moved down from Vermont a while ago. The seem to love it.

I had to go to Bristol one day, and traffic is stupid around Elkin due to construction. Since I had to see someone going up 21 to Sparta one morning and then get to Bristol, thought I'd take the back road, triangulate and not backtrack to the interstate.

I got onto 81 right around Abington (sp?).

/ South West Virginia #9  
It is Pilot Mountain, but instead of looking at it from 79 or 52, it's on 21 going up to Sparta.

My wife and here mom has friends living in Galax as they moved down from Vermont a while ago. The seem to love it.

I had to go to Bristol one day, and traffic is stupid around Elkin due to construction. Since I had to see someone going up 21 to Sparta one morning and then get to Bristol, thought I'd take the back road, triangulate and not backtrack to the interstate.

I got onto 81 right around Abington (sp?).
I just drove through there Wed on my way to Nashville!

/ South West Virginia
Galax has a hospital
Never went by Galax on this trip. Although it was only 60 miles away, with all the switchbacks, it was like driving 421 past Mountain City in Tennessee (meaning if you could get over 45MPH you'd be lucky).

It was a good trip. Phone GPS didn't work, and I had to stop at a interesting gas station on how to get to 81 (out of the parking lot, go a mile, turn left at the post office and just keep going LOL).