Solvent Can Rant

/ Solvent Can Rant #1  

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
This seems like a good place for my latest pet peeve/rant. I've been doing a lot of painting on projects lately. Does anyone have a way to pour the first pint or so from one of those rectangular solvent cans without spilling it all over? I always seem to spill a lot and make a mess. And it's usually stuff I'd rather not spill like 2 part paint activator or acetone. The regular gallon cans I usually deal with by dipping a stainless cup into them but I can't find a way to make the rectangular cans work.

/ Solvent Can Rant #2  
Saw on TV show if you pour with spout on top it allows air in and prevents the glug glug pour with spout on bottom. YMMV, just a suggestion to try.

/ Solvent Can Rant #3  
Works for the anti freeze jugs as well.

/ Solvent Can Rant
I will try that but the problem seems to be that when you pour slowly it flows on to the top and goes everywhere.

/ Solvent Can Rant #6  
Maybe you could take a spare cap and install something like a hose barb fitting and a piece of tubing into it. It seems like that should work as long as the solvent doesn't melt the tubing.

/ Solvent Can Rant #7  
Spout on top into a large funnel into a more manageable container over a spill pad. PPG relevant to the liquid.

/ Solvent Can Rant #8  
Its a big conspiracy by the solvent MFGS. The more you spill, the more you have to buy.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Vermeer Vacuum Trailer (A32932)
Vermeer Vacuum...
Fuel Trailer (A33041)
Fuel Trailer (A33041)
Case 850D Case Dozer (A33041)
Case 850D Case...
Smoker (A33041)
Smoker (A33041)
WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...
2024 UNUSED Stainless 7 ft. Work Bench (A33548)
2024 UNUSED...