Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #91  
Are you saying that having 3 rust bucket cars sitting out on the front lawn with overgrown weeds along with a 20' TV antenna off the side of the house isn't attractive?
You don't want someone building something around you, have enough land to make it happen.
You are adding to what I wrote. I didnt say I give a crap one way or the other.
I do own enough land to be insulated and have still had issues because others saw something they didnt like and called it in. Ive had job sites placed on hold while things are smoothed out over someone filing a complaint.
A friend was sand blasting and painting farm equipment as a side gig. Someone complained and he had to shut down pending review, that was 7 months ago. Another friend got a brand new neighbor in a fancy house, they complained to the county about his existing sawmill. He had to move the mill so he put in a pig pen. Neighbor is still complaining about that.

Im glad youre little world hasnt been affected. Mine and others certainly has been by neighbors, passersby and others.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #92  
Your BS is my truth.
Opinions are like A-holes
Etc.

Tell an old lady or old man living with a walker living in a tin shack with arthritis on SSI they need to work on their property. They have no money, they’re too weak & sickly, they’re scared and the private property sign is a security blanket for them.
Guns? They probably are too weak to even shoot one.
I don't disagree with what you said, but I do believe your example is the minority, not the majority, and it can include a lot of people in city and towns as well, not just those living out in the country.

That said, I don't really care how people live on their own land because it's THEIR property. That was point per this entire thread if you missed it.

So if you have a buttload of land and decide you want to use it to rent out to a solar company, the general rule in life is buyer beware. That however should not stop you from renting out your land if you wish.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #93  
I get that people can afford only so much. There is a difference though when they have junk and trash everywhere.
Unfortunately, depending on where you live, getting rid of stuff can be a budget stretcher too. Our landfill charges $2.25 per trash bag, trash p/u service is at least 40/month and doesnt take bulk items.
Bulk trash is $91/ton, $15 a p/u load if you have a trailer hitch, ladder rack or flatbed you automatically qualify as commercial and cant pay the p/u load rate. mattress is $10 per piece.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #94  
I do own enough land to be insulated and have still had issues because others saw something they didnt like and called it in. Ive had job sites placed on hold while things are smoothed out over someone filing a complaint.
A friend was sand blasting and painting farm equipment as a side gig. Someone complained and he had to shut down pending review, that was 7 months ago. Another friend got a brand new neighbor in a fancy house, they complained to the county about his existing sawmill. He had to move the mill so he put in a pig pen. Neighbor is still complaining about that.

Im glad youre little world hasnt been affected. Mine and others certainly has been by neighbors, passersby and others.

I can’t imagine what having those Chinese made mirrors would be like reflecting on your house, destroying your views, over heating the area in the hot summer and diminishing real estate values. Then they have to replace them all over again in 10-15 years?

I’ll take one nuke plant or natural gas plant over 10,000+ acres of solar panels blackening our landscapes for miles any day.
And you create energy 24/7/365, rather than 1/3rd of the time & have so many more American jobs and national security.

Just think if China embeds proprietary equipment in those batteries and controller units since it’s all made in China then they invade Taiwan and start World War III? :oops:
Whoopsie Daisies!

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #95  

I'm guessing you live in Eastern Maryland and not western Maryland?

I can only guess most people live in the area I do because they want the same thing as we did. Not to be around people. We've been here 19 years and we're still the "new family" that moved onto the road.

I had a tree fall onto a neighbors rental property, he texted me about it and it was taken care of about a week later on my end. That's about the extent that anyone has "called me in on anything". Every once in a while us neighbors will text or call each other to see who the heck is shooting tannerite late at night, but "regular" gunfire at night is kind of a way of life.

Now, when you're operating a business and generating an income from your property, for better or worse, zoning can come into play and I can understand why.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #96  
Unfortunately, depending on where you live, getting rid of stuff can be a budget stretcher too. Our landfill charges $2.25 per trash bag, trash p/u service is at least 40/month and doesnt take bulk items.
Bulk trash is $91/ton, $15 a p/u load if you have a trailer hitch, ladder rack or flatbed you automatically qualify as commercial and cant pay the p/u load rate. mattress is $10 per piece.
To think I can remember when everyone in my county was up in arms and livid that the county had decided to just have an annual tax of $45 for use of the county's waste disposal sights (I believe it's up to $75 a year now).

When we first moved here, we we're paying like $30 a month for a private company to pick up our trash weekly. When I found out I could just drive 6 miles down the road to use a "recycling station" to haul my trash bags for the entire year, I couldn't figure out why people were complaining. When I fill up my 6x14 trailer with nothing but crap to haul it to he main landfill, it never runs more than $14 which is well worth it IMO.

At $2.25 a trash bag, that would run me the same amount as having a private hauler take it (that said, pricing could have went up as I haven't used that service since the county went to a flat tax on the landfill use).

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #97  

That’s true!

I remember back in the 80’s losing a wheel & tire (no spare) out in the middle of nowhere in PA and hoofing it to the nearest house (no cellphones back then). Walked up on a small ranch house with chickens and junk like the homes being trashed in this thread. The man living there looked to be in his final months of life, unable to get out of his chair. We knocked on the door and he welcomed me in to use the phone. We sat with him a while until help arrived. He was a farmer and a veteran. He had lots of pride for what he did, just no money.

Stayed with me forever. Woke me up to the millions of poor people living lives of suffering, pain and financial hardship all over this country. I believe they were also referred to as “bitter clingers” a decade or so ago.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #98  
OR, we could demolish unused buildings/facilities and repurpose them. The coal plants that have recently been shuttered come to mind. BUT, wait, most of those places have development value so we can’t use those.
One of the sites I was referring to, 355 acres

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpeg
    IMG_0659.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 51
   / Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #99  
Stayed with me forever. Woke me up to the millions of poor people living lives of suffering, pain and financial hardship all over this country. I believe they were also referred to as “bitter clingers” a decade or so ago.
Yet we have billions to give away to other countries 😡

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #100