Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #81  
Are you saying that having 3 rust bucket cars sitting out on the front lawn with overgrown weeds along with a 20' TV antenna off the side of the house isn't attractive?

I remember when I spent each weekend paddling in WV and upstate NY when I lived in Pa. I could literally forget which state I was in on a weekend until someone spoke and I heard a dialect) Pick ANY state in our 50 and you will find homes that looks like a dump (generally with no trespassing signs on them, which I could never figure out because it really never looks like a place I want to trespass on LOL). Reality is although I might have to take a second look at the place "just because", it's their home, their land, and they can knock themselves out on what they want to do or not do with their place.

You don't want someone building something around you, have enough land to make it happen.

Think deeper.
Many “homes that looks like a dump” are owned/occupied by older, maybe frail people possibly in poor health, or lacking sophisticated security systems they can’t afford . Or maybe they are far from police help. Maybe it’s a “dump” because they are falling behind on payments, or lack the ability to afford landscaping or nicer lawn care because inflation and interest rates and energy costs are at all-time highs.
The signs, although just a piece of paper, give a warning. Maybe it’s all they can afford.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #82  
I get that people can afford only so much. There is a difference though when they have junk and trash everywhere.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #83  
Have you been reading anything about Chinese labor practices? Uighars? Chinese stealing US patents?

So we have to try to compete with criminal crap like that? Human rights violators? People making 1/10th what we make? Them stealing literally every breakthrough in technology we invent?

Really? :rolleyes:

Chinese/Russia/others have been stealing US designs for a long time. Likely, probably to a smaller extent the US does the same. Folks have been backwards engineering other companies products forever. Chinese/Russian hacking US companies gets a lot more press.

Compete or complain or do whatever you think makes a difference, I guess.
China has their own economic problems.

Panels on my shop are REC… Norwegian company with operational arm out of Singapore with North American, Europe and Asian regional headquarters.

Some US manufacturing for show, but the majority manufactured in Singapore, not China I guess.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #84  
Chinese/Russia/others have been stealing US designs for a long time. Likely, probably to a smaller extent the US does the same. Folks have been backwards engineering other companies products forever. Chinese/Russian hacking US companies gets a lot more press.

Compete or complain or do whatever you think makes a difference, I guess.
China has their own economic problems.

Panels on my shop are REC… Norwegian company with operational arm out of Singapore with North American, Europe and Asian regional headquarters.

Some US manufacturing for show, but the majority manufactured in Singapore, not China I guess.

Globalists all squawk about ”level playing fields”. China has the playing field slanted in their behavior.
And there’s nothing wrong with competing and complaining at the same time. Human rights violations from Chinese manufacturing are known world wide. To have their crap created by slave labor when it should be US made is disgraceful.

I don’t know how anyone could support this questionable solar energy infrastructure, built by a very adversarial & hostile country, possibly with slave labor, replacing American infrastructure could be supported by ANY patriotic American.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #85  
Think deeper.
Many “homes that looks like a dump” are owned/occupied by older, maybe frail people possibly in poor health, or lacking sophisticated security systems they can’t afford . Or maybe they are far from police help. Maybe it’s a “dump” because they are falling behind on payments, or lack the ability to afford landscaping or nicer lawn care because inflation and interest rates and energy costs are at all-time highs.
The signs, although just a piece of paper, give a warning. Maybe it’s all they can afford.
Sorry, that's complete BS.

I lived in a trailer in WV and it was kept clean. No trash anywhere, and everything had it's place in the small area of land.

My wife's grandfather was literally poor minister most of his life, but between him and his wife, their very small homes and gardens we're always kept clean and tidy.

The reality is you don't have to have money to have pride in where you live. You just need to care.

Lacking sophisticated security systems? Dogs and guns have worked just fine for me

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #86  
I get that people can afford only so much. There is a difference though when they have junk and trash everywhere.
BINGO.

That said, if someone wants to keep their place littered with junk or trash, it's not my place to tell them how they should live.

Our one neighbor was always aggravated because our dogs would go over to his trailer. I told him it would help if he didn't throw his food outside. New tenants have dogs themselves, they don't throw food outside, and guess what? Our dogs don't go over there anymore looking for a meal.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #87  
How about if 75% of the power used has to be generated within 25 miles? Tear down Queens to power Manhattan? Part of the problem is the people who are demanding so-called clean energy are also saying NIMBY.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #88  

I lived in a trailer in WV and it was kept clean. No trash anywhere, and everything had it's place in the small area of land.

My wife's grandfather was literally poor minister most of his life, but between him and his wife, their very small homes and gardens we're always kept clean and tidy.

The reality is you don't have to have money to have pride in where you live. You just need to care.

Lacking sophisticated security systems? Dogs and guns have worked just fine for me
Your BS is my truth.
Opinions are like A-holes
Etc.
You are young & able bodied.
Tell an old lady or old man living with a walker living in a tin shack with arthritis on SSI they need to work on their property. They have no money, they’re too weak & sickly, they’re scared and the private property sign is a security blanket for them.
Guns? They probably are too weak to even shoot one.

The real reality is there are millions of people stuck on their homesteads too old to walk to their mailbox, or too poor to afford landscaping or property maintenance.

Last edited:
   / Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #89  

Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins, dontcha know? ;)

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #90  
Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins, dontcha know? ;)
So is Sloth / Dejection ;)

Like anything in life, anything to the extreme is probably not healthy for you.

I don't stripe my lawn, nor do I weedwhack every week like I should and my company truck and home office desk can look like a pig sty after a period of time because I'm the only one who uses them;) That said, if I need to drive a larger company truck, I always clean it out when I'm done because someone else will be using it.