Snowplow hydraulics

/ Snowplow hydraulics #21  
A double acting cylinder is not needed and will not work with that valve.
Not sure if this was meant as a response to my comment or not, but just to clarify. I mention a double acting cylinder because the OP already had a valve that will operate it. He didn't need to buy and install that additional valve shown in the photos. He has a loader for that tractor. All he needs to do is hook up the DA cylinder to one of the spools on the loader valve.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #22  
No valves on mine, just use the connectors on the FEL (auxillary's). one for each direction of swing. As one cylinder is being filled with fluid, the other is emptying.

Look at my picture in my post #18.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #23  
Not sure if this was meant as a response to my comment or not, but just to clarify. I mention a double acting cylinder because the OP already had a valve that will operate it. He didn't need to buy and install that additional valve shown in the photos. He has a loader for that tractor. All he needs to do is hook up the DA cylinder to one of the spools on the loader valve.
Yes, he could tie in a double acting cylinder to his loader valve.
If his loader valve has a float mode it could run either his single acting cylinder or a double acting cylinder.
His loader lowering could power up and float lower either or any cylinder.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #24  
Yes, he could tie in a double acting cylinder to his loader valve.
If his loader valve has a float mode it could run either his single acting cylinder or a double acting cylinder.
His loader lowering could power up and float lower either or any cylinder.
It could float it but the float feature is irrelevant for his application. The plow blade hangs from a chain. It's going to float when the cylinder is down regardless of the status of the valve.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #25  
No valves on mine, just use the connectors on the FEL (auxillary's). one for each direction of swing. As one cylinder is being filled with fluid, the other is emptying.

Look at my picture in my post #18.
The OP's plow is not mounted to a FEL.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #26  
Going back to the OP's first post and pictures I see 3 hydraulic connectors. I'm guessing they must have gone to his loader which he apparently has removed to install his blade. That doesn't seem to have a hydraulic angle just a lift.
Guessing again if those connectors went to the loader they would likely have been a pressure, a power return line, and a return to tank line.

If my assumtions are correct the OP needs a standard valve with a power beyond port, the easy way is a single monoblock valve with float and power beyond. That could run either a singe or double acting cylinder.

I would expect that any valve he uses will need the power beyond port and conversion plug.

My preference would be a two spool loader style valve with float that can operate any cylinder he desires,
1676135216446.png

The float mode is an easy and practical way to operate a single action cylinder or a double, it is also the preferred method for running a hydraulic motor, using the lower to run the motor and float to let it coast to a stop.
When using a double acting cylinder with a plow and a chain final connection you have to power the cylinder closed enough to always have slack in the chain to handle changing road conditions. With float it takes care of itself.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #28  
Mine is, SSQA skid steer mount to be exact.
Right. I can see that. What I was getting at was that your setup is completely different than that of the OP. His is not FEL mounted, SSQA or otherwise, and doesn't have power angle.

/ Snowplow hydraulics #29  
Going back to the OP's first post and pictures I see 3 hydraulic connectors. I'm guessing they must have gone to his loader which he apparently has removed to install his blade. That doesn't seem to have a hydraulic angle just a lift.
Guessing again if those connectors went to the loader they would likely have been a pressure, a power return line, and a return to tank line.

If my assumtions are correct the OP needs a standard valve with a power beyond port, the easy way is a single monoblock valve with float and power beyond. That could run either a singe or double acting cylinder.

I would expect that any valve he uses will need the power beyond port and conversion plug.

My preference would be a two spool loader style valve with float that can operate any cylinder he desires,
View attachment 783452

The float mode is an easy and practical way to operate a single action cylinder or a double, it is also the preferred method for running a hydraulic motor, using the lower to run the motor and float to let it coast to a stop.
When using a double acting cylinder with a plow and a chain final connection you have to power the cylinder closed enough to always have slack in the chain to handle changing road conditions. With float it takes care of itself.
That would work. I was suggesting that he simply use the valve that he already has, rather than buying another.

/ Snowplow hydraulics
It has been a while, but thanks for all the feedback. This issue hasn't been urgent because we have no snow! Main reason for not using my FEL is no desire to fab a set-up, and plow for my skidsteer is just too heavy for this little tractor. Anyway, I needed to move snow in preparation for a construction project, and discovered the problem, but not the solution. The cylinder collapses only if the tph is all the way down. If the links are part way up there is pressure to the cylinder with the handle in both positions. referring to the pics in post #17, the manifold is set as pictured, and is always that way with the FEL on. The shiny plug to the left of the quick couplers is the return line I inserted to accommodate a power beyond valve previously used on the loader. For 30 yrs I used the tractor with and w/o the FEL, and the power beyond valve was not added until I had the tractor for 10 yrs. My problems are directly associated with the new Prince valve and/or the removal of the power beyond return line. More analysis requested.