Snowplow hydraulics

/ Snowplow hydraulics
Loader valve is attached to the loader, and I can't have both the loader and plow on the tractor at same time

/ Snowplow hydraulics #33  
Loader valve is attached to the loader, and I can't have both the loader and plow on the tractor at same time
Can you build a bracket for it that is compatible with both plow and loader? Looks like you built a bracket for this other valve anyway.....

/ Snowplow hydraulics #34  
Is your loader quick attach? If yes, mount the plow to a quick attach plate and swap the bucket for the plow for the winter. Here's my setup. I plow with the loader arms 10" off the driveway and simply use the curl function to raise and lower the plow. The blade self floats when the QA plate is curled forward and the chain goes slack. I welded the mounts and D ring to the plate and the plow is a Meyer 7.5' plow that came off an old pickup.

_DSC0554.JPG

/ Snowplow hydraulics #35  
Is your loader quick attach? If yes, mount the plow to a quick attach plate and swap the bucket for the plow for the winter. Here's my setup. I plow with the loader arms 10" off the driveway and simply use the curl function to raise and lower the plow. The blade self floats when the QA plate is curled forward and the chain goes slack. I welded the mounts and D ring to the plate and the plow is a Meyer 7.5' plow that came off an old pickup.
OP addressed this idea in post #4 of this thread.

/ Snowplow hydraulics
I had a setup like Boylerman's , but a smaller plow many yrs ago. Just to clarify--my challenge now isn't to rig up a plow system, it is to solve my hydraulic problem. Since the one-way valve works properly with the links all the way down, logic suggests the problem is with the left-right switch in the hydraulic manifold-see pic in post #17. Truth be told, the source of the problem is likely to be operator error, but darned if I can see it.