Snowblowing rules of thumb

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #141  
An old Ammo bucket on my Walk behind 30" Snowblower holds the same things plus a pint container of Fuel.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #143  
Lamb's Old Navy Rum. Plastic Mickey. I was thinking Ethanol Free Fuel!

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #145  
The 3 sided Canopy makes Snowblowing very pleasant. I fashioned an old 12VDC battery drill to the chute shaft and with a DPDT switch rotate the chute with fingertips. Lawn Tractor battery also powers rotating blue light and rear red LED display. Because I can. 10 overnight in Ontario Canada North of Hamilton.
Almost 6 years to the day. Same setup, less snow so far.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #146  
Nice to see that my writeup is still here after a dozen years. I still have the same setup!
Love #4. Was never a problem for my Walk behind until I added rubber extensions to the Impeller Blades. With the closing of the gap from blades to housing it became an issue. Yup rubbery smelling smoke on auger engagement

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #147  
Love #4. Was never a problem for my Walk behind until I added rubber extensions to the Impeller Blades. With the closing of the gap from blades to housing it became an issue. Yup rubbery smelling smoke on auger engagement
The smoke will go away as rubbers wear in to accomodate off-centre/out of round housing. I put them on mine years ago and Not so sure that they do a great deal. The 10.5 HP helps! Bring on the snow.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #148  
The smoke will go away as rubbers wear in to accomodate off-centre/out of round housing. I put them on mine years ago and Not so sure that they do a great deal. The 10.5 HP helps! Bring on the snow.
You misunderstood, the rubber smell was from the impeller being frozen to the Tunnel. Yes, the spinning up after I installed did cause a little heat-up as everything Seated. Funny you say they didn't help. I have put then on about 8 blowers, friends family, and the throwing distance an lack of clogging of wet snow was very obvious on all makes and sized machines. I used Belting material used on old farm equipment. It basically is reinforced rubber just like a sidewall on a car tire.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #149  
gloves, a good coat, toque, cup of hot coffee, and my tractor

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #150  
You misunderstood, the rubber smell was from the impeller being frozen to the Tunnel. Yes, the spinning up after I installed did cause a little heat-up as everything Seated. Funny you say they didn't help. I have put then on about 8 blowers, friends family, and the throwing distance an lack of clogging of wet snow was very obvious on all makes and sized machines. I used Belting material used on old farm equipment. It basically is reinforced rubber just like a sidewall on a car tire.
I didn't know the Impeller was frozen. I don't recall that extensions made a huge difference and didn't say they didn't help. I used Belting Material as well.