Snowblowing Cleanup

/ Snowblowing Cleanup #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
For the record I'm not a tractor waxer - I put it away wet and dirty all the time. It's a tool - I respect it, treat it well, but come from farmer blood and am comfortable with it being a tractor... so... this is gonna sound cheezy as H3LL coming from me but I got really tired of, after snowblowing the driveway, using a broom to get the snow off the instruments and levers on the tractor only to have missed some and a few days later find ice impeding my need to use THAT lever or switch on the tractor (or the impeller on the blower)!

Sooo... the other day after the umpteenth blowing expedition (Upstate NY here we have had snow non-stop every day since Christmas it seems) as I walked in to the barn to get the broom... out of the corner of my eye - I spied my plug in leaf blower I rarely use...

Let me tell you - that's just the ticket for getting that fine blown snow off the instrument cluster and the levers and out of the chute and impeller on the blower... no more ice issues!

Just a nutbag tip I figured I should share... friggin me, covered in snow, sub 0 wind chill, leaf blowing away... ugh!

/ Snowblowing Cleanup #2  
Good thinking.Works good on sidewalks/driveways to when light & fluffy.

/ Snowblowing Cleanup #5  

Attachments

• snow jan 3.jpg
    snow jan 3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 128
   / Snowblowing Cleanup #6  
Blowers are awesome!:D We use them to clean up walk ways ,decks around the houses [when the snows not to heavy], we even use them to dry the cars off after we wash them in the summer [no water spots]along with the normal yard work , and there great for blowing the grass and hay off the equipment after we get done mowing the fields.It's nice to be able to get to the grease fittings without having to find them.