Snowblower help

/ Snowblower help #1  

turnkey4099

Elite Member
I'm in the market for a new snowblower. I have an 11 hp poulan but it has that 'disc drive' - a cheap way to make a non-working tranny. Every time I get into tough going I have to push to help it as the disc-drive starts slipping. I found that Honda has a hydro drive but it is in the $2500 range, a $1,000 jump over a comparable disc drive.

Anyone know of a blower (around 10 - 12 hp) that has a gear or hydro tranny without costing two arms?

/ Snowblower help #2  
I'm in the market for a new snowblower. I have an 11 hp poulan but it has that 'disc drive' - a cheap way to make a non-working tranny. Every time I get into tough going I have to push to help it as the disc-drive starts slipping. I found that Honda has a hydro drive but it is in the $2500 range, a $1,000 jump over a comparable disc drive.

Anyone know of a blower (around 10 - 12 hp) that has a gear or hydro tranny without costing two arms?
My choice of two stage snow blowers would be Honda,simplicity,ariens,& toro..I have own areins deluxe 28 and love it..Bought is used last year in august for $550..

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 53
   / Snowblower help
My choice of two stage snow blowers would be Honda,simplicity,ariens,& toro..I have own areins deluxe 28 and love it..Bought is used last year in august for $550..

Those are good machines but all have the 'disc drive'

/ Snowblower help #5  
I bought a 2 stage 24" Cub Cadet 2 years ago and it has been flawless.

/ Snowblower help #6  
Try adjusting the friction tension or replace the friction wheel. These are a wear item and will cause them to slip. On my Ariens it was around a $15 item for the friction wheel. Blower is around 25 years old so it has seen some use.

Make sure all the covers are in place also. If these get snow on them it can turn to ice from the friction and then you get no movement either.