Snowblower for a 2740

/ Snowblower for a 2740 #1  

uphere

Silver Member
Been looking at a 64inch rear mounted snowblower to run off of my 2740. I had a question I was hoping someone could help me with. The actual tire width (outside to outside) is almost 66 inches (with the R4) on the 2740 but I hestitate to go bigger than a 64 inch because the pto horsepower requirements exceed the tractor (which I am assuming to be about 22hp) - the blower I was looking at had a minimum pto hp of 20hp (but if you go 68 or higher they are at least 30hp)

Would a 64inch blower be ok to run on a 2740?

/ Snowblower for a 2740 #2  
I think you will be fine to go with the smaller blower. They only thing you will notice is that you will not have a clean cut of snow on the edges of your driveway, which wouldn't bother me, just looks like it was plowed. If you want to get a cleaner cut you can adjust your stabilizer bars so that the blower is offset to one side of the tractor tire 2 inches. This should not hurt anything. If you had te money I would not worry about going a little bigger with the blower, just take your time and you should have no problem running it.

/ Snowblower for a 2740
Thanks JDeerekid ... an option is "drift cutters" which apparently increase the cutting width about 5 inches?

All I know is that with all the snow I saw last year, I could only pile it so high, hence the idea for a blower (still subject to "Management" approval but I am working on it!) :)

/ Snowblower for a 2740 #4  
Thanks JDeerekid ... an option is "drift cutters" which apparently increase the cutting width about 5 inches?

All I know is that with all the snow I saw last year, I could only pile it so high, hence the idea for a blower (still subject to "Management" approval but I am working on it!) :)

This past winter was the first time I have ever used a 3pt hitch snowblower as big as the one I bought with my new Montana 4340C. And I got it just in time. We got around 5-7 feet in about 24 hours. I started moving snow about 6 in the morning and didnt stop until around 9 that night. Good luck getting the "Management" to sign off. If she doesn't et a nice shinny shovel engraved with her name on it and see what she says then.:D:D

/ Snowblower for a 2740 #5  
We don't have much call for snowblowers in SE AZ :cool2: