Snow Pusher with articulation?

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #31  
I have a 8' Boss pusher for my Cat 246. It is far to heavy for my Kubota L3700 empty..never mind full of snow..and on a angle. I think even a 6' pusher on angle would make my loader arms scream and want to make the front of the tractor push to the opposite side.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #33  
Is there such a thing as a pusher that articulates like a plow does? The ground I'm clearing isn't flat like a parking lot so it would help if the pusher had a way of keeping itself in contact with the ground.

I have a Mahindra 2538 HST Cab.

Snow Wolf has it, although not a true pusher box.
The plow is mounted to the frame vertically at 2 points (like a Diamond brand plow), the top hole is elongated L-R and allows for lateral movement. It's a very tough plow, I have not bent or broke it in front of that 5 ton skid steer, and I bought it about 15 years ago!
Of course I am confused about your question of what you want to float or "articulate". It does not float up/down like a truck plow dangling from a chain.

DSCN4155.JPG

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #34  
This shows how the Snow Wolf tilts side to side. I regret selling this one.
20171101_111128.jpg

Attachments

• 20171101_111319.jpg
    20171101_111319.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 153
   / Snow Pusher with articulation? #35  
What you are talking about is called a lateral float system. Here is a sample which can be mounted to most quick attach adapters. Check with your HLA or Cotech dealers they should have access to them.

cotech lateral float.jpg

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #36  
What you are talking about is called a lateral float system. Here is a sample which can be mounted to most quick attach adapters. Check with your HLA or Cotech dealers they should have access to them.

View attachment 615189
The problem with adapters is they push everything further out. Tractors are already hurting with the loader hanging out really far. Then add in truck conversion plows that expect to be mounted a ways back under the bumper & it gets really awkward.

My first plow had lateral float & I mounted it to a SSQA to 3pt adapter. Lots of float, but it hung out way far & pushed sideways a lot. My new plow has no float but still hangs out a long ways. My to do list includes making a floating adapter between the plow frame & SSQA plate. I'll also tuck some of the plow frame under the loader when I do to pull it in closer to the tractor.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #37  
The best, fastest way I have ever plowed snow was with a 6 way John Deere 350 Bulldozer. With a reverser (no need to shift) ability to angle and tilt upon the fly, plenty of traction, and eight foot blade, snow was no problem.

In equipment the six ways are:

Up and down
Angle (left and right)
Tilt (left side up and down/right side up and down down)

What I think you are looking for is called "tilt".

I designed a tilt bucket for my Kubota that could dig upon a slope, but have yet to build it yet.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #38  
The best, fastest way I have ever plowed snow was with a 6 way John Deere 350 Bulldozer. With a reverser (no need to shift) ability to angle and tilt upon the fly, plenty of traction, and eight foot blade, snow was no problem.

In equipment the six ways are:

Up and down
Angle (left and right)
Tilt (left side up and down/right side up and down down)

What I think you are looking for is called "tilt".

I designed a tilt bucket for my Kubota that could dig upon a slope, but have yet to build it yet.

You couldn't pay me to get the JD 500 dozer out in the winter time to plow snow. Ever seen a video of a tracked machine taking off on the ice?! :shocked: I'll stick with my 10ft snow pusher on my tractor with ice chains.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #39  
You couldn't pay me to get the JD 500 dozer out in the winter time to plow snow. Ever seen a video of a tracked machine taking off on the ice?! :shocked: I'll stick with my 10ft snow pusher on my tractor with ice chains.
Grousers bear more than a passing resemblance to ice skates when you look at them from the side. Similar performance if any ice is involved. Does make for some great YouTube videos though. Some of those operators make a heavy dozer slide & drift better than a drift car.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #40  
My great uncle died plowing snow with his D6. He was 85 and had been doing it for decades. But he hit an icy spot and the dozer went over the side and rolled over 3 times.
I miss him. He let me drive the old D8 with the pony motor and cable lift when I was about 12. I loved that old Cat.