Snow plow sub frame?

/ Snow plow sub frame? #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I'm planing the move of the power angle plow from the Bolens HT to a Kubota 7200.
Both are Hydro, similar HP and similar weight at about 1200#. And both are 2WD with chained trufs on the rear.

The Bolens literature shows some interesting subframes associated with "large frame" tractor attachments, but for the HT, only simple pivot pins and push rods to lift the blade are standard.

Comparable models of Kubotas show substantial sub frames for snow plow fitting. Heavy steel running back to the draw bar or the differential bolted connections.

I built a plow frame when I fitted the Western snow plow to the Fordson, and I'm sure the entire assembly is over built. Now I'm looking for ideas of "minimally sufficient" push frame for this B7200 Kubota. I'm not sure if the original frame/support rails are "under built" and need bolstering for any and all front end applications.
Perhaps the "mid mount" frame attachment fittings would be "good enough".

Compared to the Bolens HT fittings, Anything that went rear of the front axle would be stronger. And even that arrangement has served me well with both plow and blower for over twenty years.

I'm thinking of a single 3 inch diameter tube. with fittings to accept the rear draw bar pin and a "Tee" at the front to provide a hanger along with the pivot for the lifting of the plow.

Has anyone BTDT and met with success or failure?
I’d like to hear.

Call it "snow plow sub frame brought rearwards".

Hanging the plow off the flimsy front frame loop of the B7200 has no interest to me, even if newer models seem to get along fine with the set up.

/ Snow plow sub frame? #2  
I think you're going to the
rear is a good idea. Strong push point. Just have to make something for side or lateral movement. How do you plan on lifting it? You have a loader on the kubota?

/ Snow plow sub frame?
I think you're going to the
rear is a good idea. Strong push point. Just have to make something for side or lateral movement. How do you plan on lifting it? You have a loader on the kubota?

No loader on the Kubota, Anther tractor has that covered.

I may pull it up with a linkage to the 3pt. or just put a single hydro cylinder out front. (

/ Snow plow sub frame? #4  
If you look at the stock Kubota plow, it just hooks on to the front, no tie back to anything behind the front axle at all.

Aaron Z

/ Snow plow sub frame?
There are many variations on the theme. But I would dislike breaking the tractor because I didn't know of a weakness.

Here is a "Stock Kubota plow" that makes use of a full under frame
b7100 plow to fit b6000? - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

Then there are others ways to skin the cat.
Each must have it's substantiation, strengths and weakness.

Attachments

• kubota__b6000_wheel_drive_with_snow_plow_2011_1_lgw.jpg
    kubota__b6000_wheel_drive_with_snow_plow_2011_1_lgw.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 982
  • plow frame.JPG
    plow frame.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Kubota - Plow-800x600.jpg
    Kubota - Plow-800x600.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 338
  • plow0009.jpg
    plow0009.jpg