Snow depth has reached it maximum

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
We have had about a foot of wet heavy snow today, the big beautiful flake variety, but mostly tonight, so I went out and took a couple of pictures of the snow on the trees behind my house before the wind blows the snow off the trees. Most of the trees on my property are pine as you can see. The one with the flakes showing was taken with a flash (short exposure) and the other one was a longer exposure with no flash which I like better. The building includes my workshop and tractor.

The other picture is one I took of my house earlier today.

We normally get between 15 and 30 feet of snow with very little melting in December thru March. This year we set a record for the number of days below zero - 66 so far.

oil-paint-house-winter-view.jpgwet-heavy-snow-on-trees.jpgwet-heavy-snow-on-trees-with-flash.jpg

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #2  
Al Gore just called and he said that's not snow, because we are in Global warming. He said you photoshopped all that cold weather and you are really walking around in short sleeves and cut off shorts. He said who ya gonna believe - you're lying eyes or him .

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #3  
Well you have me beat and your welcome to it.:D Out in my sugar bush yesterday digging up a downed sap line and you can take a long handled snow shovel upside down and stick the handle into the snow right up to the blade shank.:thumbdown: Sleet and rain today but more snow coming Sunday.

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #4  
We normally get between 15 and 30 feet of snow with very little melting in December thru March.

A friend sent me a picture of the UP Snow Pole at the end of January, it was deep then and doesn't appear to have let up too much since. I'm rethinking my "The UP is a wonderful retirement location" idea ;)

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #5  
Good Morning Steve,
Beautiful pictures ! We have about a foot on the ground, Im looking forward to seeing the ground ! ;):)

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #7  
you could have it...it was 70F and sunny here today...ahh spring

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #8  
Did you put a filter on that first pic? It's very cool.

/ Snow depth has reached it maximum #9  
I'm wondering about the filter or ap for first picture also. What kind of flash or house light on the other two pictures. Very pretty. I was up there a few years ago when I drove around Lake Superior looking at waterfalls. I think I spent two days on Michigan gravel roads. Four days total to get across Michigan UP.

Dan