Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Snow blower brands

/ Snow blower brands #21  
Another Canadian blower to consider is LuckNow. I have a single auger 72 S6 model that has served me well for the past 10 years or so. They are very well built. A few years ago I added hydraulic chute rotation and deflection to go along with my new cab tractor.
View attachment 566499

My brother has the same blower in I think 96inch, that thing is a beast.. He did the same on the chute and deflection as you did, you did a nice job, looks good..

/ Snow blower brands #22  
I've had a Lucknow for probably 30 years with no issues. Possibly replaced the chain once but still original bearings. Picked up numerous good sized rocks and various pieces of "yard art ". Sometimes it jams up with them but no damage . Cut into the end of a concrete block wall and it just carved it like butter. Lucknow blowers are made from heavier, thicker steel than some of the others and you should really check them out if possible. A friend has one from Kubota and the tubes that attach to the lift arms are somewhat sealed but water got in them and froze and cracked the tubes. I'm sure the Reist is good but possibly more money?
Look here: Snow Blowers - Lucknow Products (Manufacturer)
Al

Last edited:
   / Snow blower brands
Thanks Al 2 I will certainly check out the Lucknow brand, I have seen a few of these machines around but wasn’t sure if they were still building equipment these days.

/ Snow blower brands #24  
WIFO Farm Equipment | Snow Blowers - 3-Point Hitch

The Wifo brand is one you might check into. I have the WB78 on my 65 hp tractor and it has done well so far. I bought it new last year so I only have one winter of experience with it.

The only change I made to mine was adding a cutting edge protector on it so it didn't cut into the grass.

/ Snow blower brands #25  
I bought a 60", PTO driven blower(The Blue Machine) the year after God invented snow - 1982. The company is no longer in business. It worked well - was chain driven and only choked up on wooden fence posts and large rocks. If you live in snow country - have a driveway to maintain - then buy a blower like you really mean it. Neighbor always gave me gassss because I spent about $450 more for mine than his. Boy - did he EAT CROW the morning he came over and asked if I would blow his driveway. His POS had completely fallen apart.

I kept and used the blower until 2009 when I got the Kubota M6040 and it was heavy enough to clear the driveway berms with the rear blade.

The key to keeping a blower working - keep the gear box full of lube and keep the drive chain well oiled. I always stored mine in the carport and out of the weather.

BTW - your math is correct. I kept and used the same blower for 27 years. No repair parts needed - nothing ever broke - got exactly what I originally paid for it on trade in.

/ Snow blower brands #26  
According to the price list that is available from Riest as of today the 48 inch cut rear mount Series 1000 with no additional options is $3,060.00 canadian dollars.

I am unsure how much the change order for a 60 inch wide 20 inch diameter snow blower rotor would cost. The Hydraulic chute rotation and spout angle control could be added at a later date I am sure.

/ Snow blower brands #27  
I recently purchased the K74-24-09. I haven't used it but I like the improvements they made over the previous models.

/ Snow blower brands
Topesrule do you have pictures of the K74 blower. We are going to buy one but they are still in the crate. My dealer says he can sell us one in the crate to assemble our selves and save $450. Thanks.

/ Snow blower brands #29  
Is there anything specific you'd like to see? IMG_1556.JPGIMG_1557.JPGIMG_1558.JPG

/ Snow blower brands
Thanks for the pictures Topesrule. From what I am told the shear bolts have easier access than the LMX3174. This blower also 100 lbs heavier than the L2674 model.