snow blade rubber edge help

/ snow blade rubber edge help #21  
   / snow blade rubber edge help #22  
Thanks, Lou! I am sure this will be less expensive too when it comes time to replace my rubber edge. It can be reversed once. But at the rate I am going, that's going to come before the end of this winter.

/ snow blade rubber edge help #23  
Is yours the FallLine brand that Lou linked to? It would help to know of all options. Lou's reference looks real good though. Maybe the one sold by FallLine is sold by all others, idk.

The polyurethane edge was bought from Universal Urethane. They have an eBay presence, and have been around for a while with good reviews.
The polyethylene edge was from Goodworks Tractors in Michigan. He sells implements, tractors, etc and may have a presence here on TBN (?). He seems like a stand up guy, and does informative YouTube videos (one on poly, rubber, and steel plow edges).

I’ve never dealt with FallLine, but I’ve heard of them as a large commercial supplier.

I think I paid around $400 for the 84 x 6 x 1.25” polyethylene. My blade is around 600 lbs. Sub compact plows could probably use thinner 3/4-1” material (less expensive).
Hope this helps.

On edit:
Either material cuts and drills easily with normal homeowner tools. I bought mine to dimension, the clamped it on the moldboard and drilled through the back of the mounting holes. I also beveled the edge at around 45 degrees on a table saw.

Last edited:
   / snow blade rubber edge help #24  
Thanks, RJ. I know of Good Works. He is just selling implements now, per recent video, so should still be in the scraper edge business too.

/ snow blade rubber edge help #25  
I think most of the composite / plastic deck boards are mostly recycled polyethylene. Home Depot has a 15/16" X 5 1/2" X 8 foot board for $20. Maybe someone could bolt one on and let us know how it compares to the polyurethane and polyethylene edges that are ~ 5 - 10x the cost? Just a thought...

/ snow blade rubber edge help #26  
The Good Works video RJ referenced makes a good case for the UHMW poly blade. Longer lasting than steel!? Quieter, slicker, and won't mark surfaces. A 5' one for my tractor looks like about $300. Something to think about after I flip my rubber edge.

Here is his web page on ordering:

Here is his, Good Works, video on UHMW poly:

/ snow blade rubber edge help #27  
I don't believe the longer lasting than steel statement, but the uhmw polyethylene does wear better than rubber or polyurethane.

I wore in the angled edge on the polyurethane by dragging it on dry pavement. I gave up doing this with the polyethylene edge after about a mile or two, and just cut the angle on the table saw.

/ snow blade rubber edge help #29  
IMG_1090.JPG

Not the best angle in the photo, but I can explain. I use a stall mat cut so that I can flip it to use both edges. Drill holes for seven bolts across a seven foot blade width. There is a steel plate on the front to hold it tight. The rubber edge lasts me years and I have a rough long drive - more than quarter mile. I also do a neighbor’s driveway. Anyway, gets lots of use. Highly recommend this solution. Happy to provide more information or photos if needed.