/ Small Shop Cranes #21  
Speaking of extensions, I added a smaller piece of rectangular tubing in mine:

P1200036.JPG
P1200037.JPG

P1200017.JPG
P1200019.JPG
P1200023.JPG

/ Small Shop Cranes #22  
I got the hazard frought one. Used it to pull the cummins out of my old truck and tear down my SXS a dew times.

Cant complain. It does leak down but what ever
Did you spell hobo frate wrong? Just make ng sure we talkin bout that same species.

/ Small Shop Cranes #23  
Probably not - that's one of the common negative witticisms for harbor freight... steve

/ Small Shop Cranes
I never dreamed there were so many options for shop cranes! Hoyer & Skyhook both look great - at roughly 10 to 20 times the price of the H.F.... er....Harbor Fright.

The ones that mount on 3pt hitch or SSQA are amazing.
TBN is great. I can see a trolly and overhead beam in the future. But probably need a cheap crane to put that up anyway. It's a "you need one to build one" kind of thing.
thanks all,
rScotty

/ Small Shop Cranes
   / Small Shop Cranes
Say, this is for those of you who have the Harbor Freight shop crane..... It seems that they all leak down, and everyone hates it but puts up with it because of the price. Is there some sort of cam or support that people use to hold the arm up? Gotta be something.... A 2x4?
rScotty

/ Small Shop Cranes #29  
Say, this is for those of you who have the Harbor Freight shop crane..... It seems that they all leak down, and everyone hates it but puts up with it because of the price. Is there some sort of cam or support that people use to hold the arm up? Gotta be something.... A 2x4?
rScotty
I don't recall mine leaking down. But then, I guess I've never left a load on it for long periods. I'd have to check next spring.

As for blocking it up, about the only way would be to put a sleeve around the hydraulic ram with clamps, like for FEL arms.

You'd probably need several sleeves of different lengths.