Slasher Chains

/ Slasher Chains #11  
njrqs,

I have a JD MX6 which is a 6 foot cutter. I'm not sure of the weight but it is heavy. I leave my FEL with a HEAVY 4n1 bucket on the tractor when I use the MX6. The rear tires are filled which gives me another 200 or 400 pounds. The MX6 has quite a bit of leverage since its so long and I can bounce the tractor with MX6 hanging off the rear of the 4700. My front tires don't come of the ground I can just bounce the tractor if I have the MX6 high in the air. I can get the MX6 a bit high since I have a hydraulic toplink. This can really hang the MX6 above the tractor's center of gravity which gives me the bounce. But even doing this I can't get the front wheels off the ground.

You need some weight on the front of that tractor to keep them wheels down. Do you have an FEL you can leave on the tractor? If not it time for some front wieghts....

Later....
Dan McCarty

/ Slasher Chains
Dan

Nope no FEL for me. So I guess I need to look for weights.

Thing is, when slashing, the weight is on the ground so is no dramas. Only when travelling is it a problem.

Oh well, I guess when travelling up hill I'll just drag the slasher on the ground.

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>