Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns?

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #21  
Here is the thing that most don't consider when buying an inexpensive zero turn. They really fall into the same class as the dreaded box store mower. I'm not saying that box store mowers are bad for everyone, but if you want to stay away your choices are to go to a brand that is up the food chain, but isn't an odd ball. Out of the first list, the only one I would touch is the T1870. A high hour zero turn can leave you open for double exposure on transmission problems.

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #22  
Are ZTR’s getting scarce?

My dealer called yesterday and wanted to buy the mower I bought from them 3 years ago. Offered $300 less than what I paid.

He said they are running low on used mowers.

MoKelly

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #23  
I just upgraded my 50” cub cadet zero turn to a 60” exmark lazer z.

The old cub cadet served me right and for the $3000 it cost originally, I think it was a good deal.

For a zero turn on a budget, I’d get their new 50” cut model with the fab deck and 23hp Kawasaki. (My old one had a Briggs and it was fine, no issues)

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns?
I think I'm going to go check out the simplicity mower thanks for all the help folks

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #25  
I bought a Husqvarna 54" ZT from Lowes. Has the Kawasaki engine. I'm a Vet so I got it for $2,700.

I don't quite understand why so many prefer old and busted to new and works. But then, there's a lot of things I don't understand --

1621528861179.png

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #26  
My take on used is... It's for sale because it most likely has issues. People as a rule, don't sell equipment that is perfectly fine. They sell equipment that needs fixed. Not always but it's usually the case.

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #27  
I'll take a Kowalski over a Kohler V twin every time. My wife has the Kohler on her zero turn and it's an oil burner and always has been. The Kowalski I have don't use a drop.

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #28  
I'll take a Kowalski over a Kohler V twin every time. My wife has the Kohler on her zero turn and it's an oil burner and always has been. The Kowalski I have don't use a drop.

You're pronouncing it wrong. It's 'kakasuki'

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #29  
I bought a Husqvarna 54" ZT from Lowes. Has the Kawasaki engine. I'm a Vet so I got it for $2,700.

I don't quite understand why so many prefer old and busted to new and works. But then, there's a lot of things I don't understand --

View attachment 699310
My understanding is that that pic was a joke..

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #30  
My understanding is that that pic was a joke..
I should hope so.

Fire Fighters are one of the few, very few...... Very, Very, Very few, groups of government workers I have respect for.

I'll think of another one sometime today and post it when I do......

Lemme see...... IRS? Nope. I'll let you know......