• No vote, let the site owners make the rules

Votes: 106 86.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Should the community make the rules? #91  
For those challenged on devices. 1643741239897.png

/ Should the community make the rules? #92  
While I'm no social media guru (no disrespect to the true meaning) it seems this site is very successful. I'd bet if a KPI would be "the average length of membership stay" compared to other sites (of any type) this site would rank pretty well. I can say I've really enjoyed this site and my experience has been of one of the most comfortable, supportive and nicest communities.

/ Should the community make the rules? #93  
Voted no, site is run great IMO. Mo, the only thing I might say is, be transparent when someone crosses the line. Don't just hack away posts without any explanation.

Listen folks, it seems very easy to me: Don't personally attack or insult other members. Don't argue about religion or politics (on a dang tractor forum, c'mon). And apparently, covid is a pretty political hot-button these days. Too bad, since we ought to be able to discuss it calmly. But this probably isn't the place.

The guys that get so self righteous about their "right" to discuss religion and espouse their personal political views, attack other members, or refuse to comply with a simple rule about signature lines? I mean, good riddance, if they bail. Stubborn people can go be grumpy by themselves, I guess.

/ Should the community make the rules? #94  
I voted 'NO', mainly because I like the site the way it is. Muhammad, it is your house, your rules.
I never discuss politics or religion with anybody online or in person. You have yours and I have mine. I don't shove mine down your throat and I will NOT allow you to shove yours down my throat.

/ Should the community make the rules? #95  
The owner runs the site! Since I’ve been a participant (20 years or so ) he has had a very successful site that has great participant increase.

I’m quite sure I could not improve on the forums administration aspects. He’s much more capable than myself.

How many know how old the person was when he started the site.

/ Should the community make the rules? #96  
Suggestions.

Rather than:

-Discussion of religious topics

-Discussion of political topics​

Perhaps:

- Religious content.​
- Political content.​

That should remove all doubt about what is or isn't.

Also I suggest tweaking the dealer rule as it seems too broad. People often complain about their dealers. It even happened on a thread where a dealer chimed in.

/ Should the community make the rules? #97  
So, more moderators needed?
I mentioned this in K0ua's thread only because it seems like most moderators are veterans of the site; but only one is still around on a regular basis. Perhaps it's time to pass on the torch to members who are here more often?

/ Should the community make the rules? #99  
One improvement that could improve the members' experience and also improve TBN's attractiveness to others:

Obviously when a post is deleted, or there's a ban, some moderator has thought about it a little. I think a PM should be sent to the poster with a brief explanation.

This should help steer that poster back into conformity with Muhammad's site rules.

This is called 'feedback' in some areas, used to keep something on the intended course.

Last edited:
   / Should the community make the rules? #100  
If there's an issue with a moderator's decision or attitude, than contacting Muhammad directly would be the better way to go...
We're all human with opinions, prejudices and attitudes.
I've never had a problem with any of the moderators...even when we had the UN"friendly" Politics forum.
I guess I've had posts removed...don't recall any, but after 20some years on TBN, I'm sure I've offended somebody at sometime.
Nobody should take any internet forum too seriously...
Doesn't really matter what the rules are as far as I am concerned and I gave up getting my feelings hurt in internet forums long ago. I can leave or stay, my choice. Nobody is forcing me.

BUT, if there are rules they should be consistently enforced and mods who play favorites should be canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.