Shopping for a GC1723E

/ Shopping for a GC1723E #41  
What's everyone's thoughts on the different tire treads? Tractor is coming with AG tires but I wanted the Industrial Tires instead. But now after thinking about it, I may want to keep the AG's. At first I was concerned with them tearing up my lawn when mowing. But I have been using them on my Toro 314 with no issues. Thinking if I take some care I will be OK.

Depends what you're doing with the tractor, if it's mostly farmy stuff or playing in mud, r1 are great. If it's mostly mowing, plowing snow, etc, you're probably better off with r3 (turf) tires. R4 are a compromise between the two, but for me I'm pretty happy with them. With my tractor, I mostly mow, clear brush (ongoing project), dig out stumps and stuff, and plow snow...so that should give you some idea of industrial tires.

Congrats on the tractor purchase!

/ Shopping for a GC1723E #43  
Nice tractor for sure. Save the money on the backhoe. If you need a backhoe you can rent one.

/ Shopping for a GC1723E
Nice tractor for sure. Save the money on the backhoe. If you need a backhoe you can rent one.

Thanks for the input. Actually for me, a backhoe would be great. I rent a mini excavator every few months. There is always something to be dug / moved around here. Bad thing about renting is availability & weather. Pretty much have to rely on their schedule - not mine. And if the weather is bad, it's a bust. So after doing some figuring of what the backhoe actually costs, spread out over the 84 months at 0%, I come out way ahead. Backhoe is paid off in less than 4 years and I save the same cost of rental on the back half of loan.

/ Shopping for a GC1723E
Today is Delivery day! Should be sometime after lunch.

/ Shopping for a GC1723E #46  
Congrats and hope all goes great.
Make sure they show you where to grease and check fluids.

/ Shopping for a GC1723E
   / Shopping for a GC1723E #48  
Get the backhoe you'll regret it for not doing so and you can't add it later.

/ Shopping for a GC1723E
Well my "Shopping for a GC1723E" is coming to a close. Tractor was delivered today. I feel good about the tractor and adding the FEL & BH. Also glad I went with the Industrial Tires. I will post some pictures shortly.