Shipping a tractor

/ Shipping a tractor #1  

okanoganjim

Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota L5460HSTC
Hi, I just found a great deal on my dream tractor. Only problem is it's 1300 miles away. Anyone have advice on a shipper?

Thank you

/ Shipping a tractor #2  
Tractor House contracts with a shipper that hauls tractors. Don't expect it to be cheap however. Going rate presently is about 2 bucks a mile, portal to portal.

/ Shipping a tractor #3  
Tractor House contracts with a shipper that hauls tractors. Don't expect it to be cheap however. Going rate presently is about 2 bucks a mile, portal to portal.
I think hotshots are pushing $4/mile now for a truck, not sure if there's deals out there for partial loads or not.

/ Shipping a tractor #4  
I just had 1 quoted from Wisconsin to VA for 1600 from several trucking companies the middle of December .

/ Shipping a tractor #5  
I think hotshots are pushing $4/mile now for a truck, not sure if there's deals out there for partial loads or not.
Not a clue on my part. Last tractor I bought used, I hauled myself, 500 miles actually but then I own an International Eagle conventional and I borrowed a step deck trailer from a friend. I believe fuel cost was about 150 bucks and my time. The issue is, you need a hauler that can secure it properly and knows what they are doing. Never been overly fond of hot shots. For 30 years I hauled steel over the road.

/ Shipping a tractor #6  
I just transported a classic car in an enclosed van for less than $2 a mile MO to CA.

/ Shipping a tractor
The shipping distance for this is 1700 miles. Even at $2 a mile that's pretty steep. I may just go pick it up myself but of course my current trailer is a tad under rated for the load. I have a 7,000 trailer and the tractor with loader weighs in at 6200. Guess I will need a new trailer but I will need one anyway.

/ Shipping a tractor #9  
The shipping distance for this is 1700 miles. Even at $2 a mile that's pretty steep. I may just go pick it up myself but of course my current trailer is a tad under rated for the load. I have a 7,000 trailer and the tractor with loader weighs in at 6200. Guess I will need a new trailer but I will need one anyway.
A friend had the same problem one time. He contacted U-Haul and rented a truck trailer combo. He considered flying out and driving back. His wife wanted to go also so he found it cheaper to drive out in his car rent the truck trailer combo and let the wife follow him home in the car.

/ Shipping a tractor
Hope you have a truck with balls too.
Yes that was last years challenge. Wife wanted a new camping fifth wheel that required a truck upgrade. Now have a one ton dually. I will get some quotes and decide what to do. Thanks for everyone's input.

Jim