Shaver HD8 return line

/ Shaver HD8 return line #31  
Hightide did you ever find out the exact thread and diameter? I bought an HD8 and I'm running into the same problem and I have about 60+ acres that I should already be fencing. Thanks for all of your feedback, this is the only place on the internet that I have found any info on the cap and thread at all! I have an RK55 but it appears that the RKs are basically Mahindra clones, at this point I may have to order a Mahindra adapter and cross my fingers (Shaver has some) because there's no info on the RK.

/ Shaver HD8 return line
I ended up putting a 6 inch plastic 3/4 nipple on the end of the return hydraulic hose and sticking it in the fill port. I then used a bungee to hold it in place. 500+ posts and working good.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #33  
I ended up putting a 6 inch plastic 3/4 nipple on the end of the return hydraulic hose and sticking it in the fill port. I then used a bungee to hold it in place. 500+ posts and working good.
I contacted Shaver and it turns out that they have adapters for various makes of tractors including Mahindra and RKs. I ordered a Sm-41-R adapter and picked up a piece of 4" 3/4 pipe to get past that hydraulic stub that's next to the reservoir. (I hope no one is an idiot and tries to temporarily remove the stub (optional hydraulic port/hookup?) like me, I lost a couple of ball bearings, hopefully it still works fine since I don't think it was actually used for anything).