Shaver HD8 return line

/ Shaver HD8 return line #11  
That's part of the issue, 3/4" is way to small and 1" is to big. I have an HSC Branch about 5 minutes from where I work, I took the cap over there yesterday and spent about 30 minutes with the counter guy, these caps use a metric thread that is a one-off as well as a diameter that is not standard in anything. We kicked a couple of ideas around and since they have an inhouse machine shop, they are going to machine a threaded sleeve and tig it onto a 3/4" NPT Coupler, then we are going to grab the rest off the shelf parts to T it and put a high flow coupler and cap on it.

I am still hunting for an answer on the hydraulics on my backhoe, I feel like that would be the best option for me if they are actually plumbed the way it looks.

I figured for the cost of the machine work its a good backup plan.

Have them make 2 of those items and let me know and I'll send payment for it. I have tried and tried to find someone to make such a thing and I have tried inventing this wheel a hundred times and have yet to find something to truly hard pipe this.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #12  
What is so odd about this is it seems all the hoses and fitting are "standard" (according to installation manual) except this one..... Why would a manufacturer use one nonstandard fitting amongst all the "standard" fittings.... Seems to me there is a problem diagnosing what the fitting is....

/ Shaver HD8 return line #13  
What is so odd about this is it seems all the hoses and fitting are "standard" (according to installation manual) except this one..... Why would a manufacturer use one nonstandard fitting amongst all the "standard" fittings.... Seems to me there is a problem diagnosing what the fitting is....
The hoses are standard, NPT, but not every tractor has teh same thread on the hydraulic fill cap. Most equipment doesn't have to return directly to the sump like this one does

/ Shaver HD8 return line #14  
Have them make 2 of those items and let me know and I'll send payment for it. I have tried and tried to find someone to make such a thing and I have tried inventing this wheel a hundred times and have yet to find something to truly hard pipe this.
Ugh!! I just saw this and picked it up last night. I will post pictures of what I did and post it and you can tell me if this is what you had in mind. Candidly they did not have the exact things I was hoping for so I may be modifying it but, long as I have the clearance I expect it should work.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #15  
The hoses are standard, NPT, but not every tractor has teh same thread on the hydraulic fill cap. Most equipment doesn't have to return directly to the sump like this one does
On now I understand better... IT not the Shaver that is actually the problem its the tractor and its proprietary design of fill cap.... Guess I misses mention of fill cap on tractor portion of initial post...DUH!

Why not get replacement fill cap and bore hole through it and add appropriate fitting...

/ Shaver HD8 return line #16  
[mention]Birdhunter1 [/mention] So it’s home, I’ve now had 3 separate dealers tell me my suspicions on the backhoe hydraulics are correct but we could all be wrong .

They did not have the couplers I need though so I guess I’ve got to go on the hunt in the morning.

If the backhoe hydraulics work out this won’t be needed and I think to help everyone out I will run back by HSC next week and have them give us the exact thread and diameter that he built but here it is.

IMG_2572.jpg

All put together this is what I had in mind.

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

I think this should work, I swear those hi-flow couplers are made of gold and painted silver because they are NOT cheap.

If my deal works out I’ll sell it all to you.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #17  
So what it is this going to thread into? I don't plan on a coupler at all I'll just cap or plug the hard pipe on the tractor and when I need to use the driver I'll remove the cap and thread the hose in as it isn't hard and its not Like I use the thing multiple times a week or month. Usually I hook it up, pound a bunch of posts, then I'm done with it for a while.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #18  
So what it is this going to thread into? I don't plan on a coupler at all I'll just cap or plug the hard pipe on the tractor and when I need to use the driver I'll remove the cap and thread the hose in as it isn't hard and its not Like I use the thing multiple times a week or month. Usually I hook it up, pound a bunch of posts, then I'm done with it for a while.

Then all you would need is this
IMG_2572.jpg

I wanted to put it on and leave it.

That’s a 3/4” NPT coupler threaded to go directly into the tank fill.

Like this

IMG_2581.jpg

/ Shaver HD8 return line #19  
I have a RK55 and recently bought the shaver post driver. As many people have posted it needs to return with no restriction, usually using the fill port. My question is the thread. I have asked both RK and shaver with nobody really sure what the thread is on the fill port. A 3/4" galvanized pipe fits in the port while a 1" pipe does not. Even went to a hydraulic dealer with no luck. Does anyone know what fitting would adapt to pipe thread?
And you are adding a "Tee" fitting for what purpose, is the QC in "Tee" going to Shaver, if so it seems to violate the "free flow" concept....

/ Shaver HD8 return line #20  
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT! Does it thread in tight and seal? I can even weld on my own 3/4" NPT end, I just need the part that screws into the tractor.
PM sent!

Last edited: