Shaver HD8 return line

/ Shaver HD8 return line #21  
And you are adding a "Tee" fitting for what purpose, is the QC in "Tee" going to Shaver, if so it seems to violate the "free flow" concept....
My thought was to make a quick way to connect and disconnect the unit, the QC's are high flow skid steer ones and I'm not sure it will work. For me right now this thing will be on an off every weekend for the next few months. I only get time on the weekend and we are fencing in 10 acres. I've got a little over 1200 posts and 5300' of fence to build.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #22  
I have a RK55 and recently bought the shaver post driver. As many people have posted it needs to return with no restriction, usually using the fill port. My question is the thread. I have asked both RK and shaver with nobody really sure what the thread is on the fill port. A 3/4" galvanized pipe fits in the port while a 1" pipe does not. Even went to a hydraulic dealer with no luck. Does anyone know what fitting would adapt to pipe thread?
I'm not sure if you found a solution or not, the closest RK I have to me is in Gainesville, I can take the adapter I bought and try it on a 55 for you, not sure if TYM made the rear ends for Mahindra or not, I do know that the cabs are the same. I don't go down there a lot but I will try and get down there in the next couple of weeks.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #23  
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT! Does it thread in tight and seal? I can even weld on my own 3/4" NPT end, I just need the part that screws into the tractor.
PM sent!
It does, they actually used the washer off the OE fill cap but yes, its nice and snug and screws all the way into to the tank.

Not that I am trying to turn this into something else, but seems old murphy followed this thing home on Friday.

Hooked the hydraulics up and pulled the road lock out to cycle everything and fluid started pouring out of the cap at the top of the cylinder.

IMG_2579.JPEG

looking at it for a few minutes it looked like they did not seal the cap well, turns out that is NOT the case. Looks like its either a casting flaw or damage prior to assembly. Pretty frustrating as I would have thought someone would have caught it PRIOR to assembly, but they clearly did not QA this thing at all.

IMG_2586.JPEG

I have tried sealant and sealant and tape, each method holds for about 5 minutes and starts pouring fluid out again. Called the dealer that I bought if from yesterday and he immediately sent the pictures to the distributor but no telling how long this thing is going to take to get fixed and the clock is ticking on me needing to get these fences up.

My mind went to a dozen different options, trying to seal it the right way doesn't seem to work so crazy thoughts like JB weld was next but damn... if I have to take that thing apart any time in the future it wouldn't be fun.

Last edited:
   / Shaver HD8 return line #24  
All you have to do is follow my Post 10. All tractors will have a 'return to tank' line and if they don't (as in no loader), there will be a blanking plug on the gearcase somewhere that you can access. High flow Pioneer fittings are available at any farm supply outlet or Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply (where I got mine). I would never modify the filler plug in any way, but that is me. It appears to me most of you are 'overthinking' a simple solution. My Shaver operates just fine with a Tee fitting on the return to tank line and a high flow Pioneer QD. So does my new Kubota BV round bailer which also requires a return to tank line. If you use the FEL return line, you won't be operating the loader at the same time as the post driver anyway.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #25  
All you have to do is follow my Post 10. All tractors will have a 'return to tank' line and if they don't (as in no loader), there will be a blanking plug on the gearcase somewhere that you can access. High flow Pioneer fittings are available at any farm supply outlet or Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply (where I got mine). I would never modify the filler plug in any way, but that is me. It appears to me most of you are 'overthinking' a simple solution. My Shaver operates just fine with a Tee fitting on the return to tank line and a high flow Pioneer QD. So does my new Kubota BV round bailer which also requires a return to tank line. If you use the FEL return line, you won't be operating the loader at the same time as the post driver anyway.
Actually I have hydraulics for a backhoe on my tractor and it has a direct return to tank line plumbed to the back for it. Problem is its a 3/8" line and my gut tells me that it would be a bit to restrictive. I guess I can try that, but the adapter I pictured in an earlier post (#18 I think) threads directly into the filler port on the tank at 3/4" size (same as the HPD) so its about as unrestricted as you can get and isn't modifying anything, I had it machined specifically to thread into the filler and would remove the filler plug when using it. Yes, I did pick up hi-flow couplings because I was hoping to make the plumbing of that attached all the time but I don't believe I am going to have the clearance to make that work.

No disrespect intended as I am not sure we stated this earlier but @Birdhunter1 and I are talking specifically talking about a 2638 Mahindra install, if you are referencing your M9000, unless I am mistaken that is a 90hp tractor with a substantially larger hydraulic pump so you are likely going to have larger lines than we do.

I am willing to try anything, however at the moment I have a larger problem with the Shaver.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #26  
Never had any flow issue with mine and one thing I never wanted to do was modify the fluid fill cap. Considered it fleetingly and decided not to.

My return to tank hose on my M9's is 1/2".

Last edited:
   / Shaver HD8 return line #27  
Never had any flow issue with mine and one thing I never wanted to do was modify the fluid fill cap. Considered it fleetingly and decided not to.

My return to tank hose on my M9's is 1/2".

100% agree on NOT modifying the cap! I’m going to try the existing tank return line as soon as I can get the cylinder sealed up or replaced. Frustrating to spend $5k on an implement and can’t even pressurize the cylinder to try and sort the plumbing out.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #28  
I don’t think I ever applied thread sealant tape to the cap on mine but I did wrench it on pretty tight. I would say shaver was pretty quick on parts when I rebuilt the cylinder on mine.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #29  
I just bought a shaver to use with my mahindra 5155. I was thinking maybe taking a 1in Teflon plastic sprayer fitting shave off the treads, heat it and gradually thread it into the housing. After its taken shape just use other fittings to fit the line. My only concern is supporting the line so the weight does not split it.

/ Shaver HD8 return line #30  
I just bought a shaver to use with my mahindra 5155. I was thinking maybe taking a 1in Teflon plastic sprayer fitting shave off the treads, heat it and gradually thread it into the housing. After its taken shape just use other fittings to fit the line. My only concern is supporting the line so the weight does not split it.
I tried this most recently, it worked but won't last long term.
If there was a mandrel that could be drawn through the heated plastic pipe to squish plastic into the threads it would be awesome.