Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,051  
Multiple uses for a compact car.
It is most likely so that they can have that two layer rack on top and have it be able to support more than just the gutters would be able to handle.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,053  
Each of them, simply exercising their rights, and their insurance.
When I took driver’s education in high school they made sure we knew that having a drivers license and using the roadways was a privilege, not a right.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,054  
When I took driver’s education in high school they made sure we knew that having a drivers license and using the roadways was a privilege, not a right.
When I took drivers ed in HS, my Political Science teacher taught the class. He said it wasn't a privilege when we have to pay taxes for the road upkeep, fuel taxes, registration fees and taxes, etc etc etc. It's a right when your elected officials declare the roads as a right-of-way for the public.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,055  
When I took drivers ed in HS, my Political Science teacher taught the class. He said it wasn't a privilege when we have to pay taxes for the road upkeep, fuel takes, registration fees and taxes, etc etc etc. It's a right when your elected officials declare the roads as a right-of-way for the public.
You won’t get far with that argument when they suspend your license because of excessive tickets, DWI, etc. Or just simply try letting your license expire and refuse to renew it.

They will convince you very quickly that driving is a privilege not a right.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,056  
Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,057  
Probably more appropriate for the groan thread...
1678682321463.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,058  
If the gross vehicle weight of the truck plus the gross vehicle weight of the trailer exceeds 26,001 pounds you need a CDL. It does not matter whether you’re hauling commercially or not. If the DOT pulls you over and checks the gross vehicle ratings on both the truck and the trailer they can write you for not having the CDL.

I have had the DOT pull me over because he ran my tag on the trailer, and when it did not come up as a CDL, his lights went on. The officer was infuriated when he realized he could not give me a ticket for not having a CDL. my truck gross weight is 11,400 pounds. My trader gross weight is derated to 14,500 pounds. This combination puts me at 25,900 pounds. The man then spent 45 minutes trying to find something to write me up on. I made the mistake of using the safety chain hook to also hook the breakaway cable. He told me that it needed to be on a separate attachment point. So I reached in my pocket pulled out a carabiner and hooked the safety cable to the ring in the bed of the truck. I asked him if that was correct and he said yes.

He then went to his car and wrote me an out of service ticket. He stated that I was out of service because of the breakaway cable. When he gave me the out of service ticket I ask him if he did not see me correct the problem. He simply said have a good day turned around and walked away.

By law, I’m not supposed to move the truck until the out of service ticket is corrected. Since I had corrected it with him present, I went on my way.

I then found at the bottom of the ticket and extremely small print were the instructions that I had to sign the ticket that the problem was corrected and fax the ticket into the DOT. Failure to do this would have resulted in a fine of several thousand dollars per day if I was caught running the truck without the correction notice being sent in.

That same DOT cop has now pulled me over four times.
Bad Cop!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,060  
Not sure what to make of this one. Maybe expecting a nasty wind storm?
1678691485913.jpeg