Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,331  
What a nasty crash. I'm still trying to figure out the mechanism of the crash. However, one log goes through the driver's side of the cab, so it would be difficult to survive if the driver was in the truck.

Around here, log loads are chained together, but not attached to the truck/trailer. Many years ago I saw the aftermath of a truck that drove straight into a rock bank. The load shifted forward, and the entire cab was flattened.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,332  
What a nasty crash. I'm still trying to figure out the mechanism of the crash. However, one log goes through the driver's side of the cab, so it would be difficult to survive if the driver was in the truck.

Around here, log loads are chained together, but not attached to the truck/trailer. Many years ago I saw the aftermath of a truck that drove straight into a rock bank. The load shifted forward, and the entire cab was flattened.
IIRC, it was built for a movie. It wasn't a real crash.

Bruce

PS: Superman did it in "Man of Steel" movie.

It appears at about 1:40 in this clip:

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,333  
One of the long slew of trade-based reality shows put out by History or Discovery channels about five years back was based on two companies that did heavy tow and rescue in Alaska. Like all of those shows, the first season was infinitely entertaining, based more on the actual technical aspects of the job. Then the second season went to hell, like all of them, scripted BS and all the drama between the various characters.

I think I’ve enjoyed the first season of every one of those trades-based shows, going way back to Deadliest Catch almost 20 years ago. But I’ve never been able to tolerate much beyond the first season of any of them, as they move away from the actual technical content and into drama.
The European version, of the Norwegian tow truck companies, is still entertaining. Much less added drama than the American version.

If you watch Bobby Goodsons logging channel on Youtube you will see how much more real that is. He commented once, that the reason he stopped with Discovery is that he got tired of the drama they had to add for the producers, and that he was just himself on his own Youtube channel...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,334  
The European version, of the Norwegian tow truck companies, is still entertaining. Much less added drama than the American version.

If you watch Bobby Goodsons logging channel on Youtube you will see how much more real that is. He commented once, that the reason he stopped with Discovery is that he got tired of the drama they had to add for the producers, and that he was just himself on his own Youtube channel...
I thoroughly enjoyed that show, but was very disappointed when they took it off

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,336  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,337  
As European sometimes I am watching those shows and wondering, how you can stand them
Obviously I dont know how business is running in NA, but once they turn their cameras to EU I am 100 % confident TVs are making made up crap, cheap acting, drama queen shows. Really pity how this bad directing is spoiling interesting topics.

For example there were potentially nice series about Italian loggers. But show was totally spoiled with not needed made up drama
One episode
Narrator: if team X will not deliver before Friday 10 trucks of wood to pulp factory, there will be shortage of ... I dont recall now, but like EU paper industry will suffer

Camera flies over that pulp factory
There is like 1.000.000 m^3 of wood at that factory's wood lot.

Team X is unloading their 10 truck. You cant see it, it's so tiny, just lost in between 100 other trucks from other companies, unloading at the time

Narrator: EU pulp industry is saved thanks to titanic efforts of team X

I don't know, but to me it seems that producers are making such shows for retards

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,338  
Remember the Titanic went down..

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,339  
I was at a friend's house where they were watching some show from out west. At every commercial break they showed "upcoming" of somebody getting caught in the tail swing of an excavator, with everyone yelling at the operator.
Anybody who has been around equipment knows that's a blind spot, if you are stupid enough to go there while he's working you deserve what you get. Now they have cameras for that area but you still should make eye contact with the operator before getting too close.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

(3) Assorted length ladders (A33544)
(3) Assorted...
2010 John Deere 608C Corn Header (A33041)
2010 John Deere...
Cam 5 Ton Low Profile Dump Trailer (A32803)
Cam 5 Ton Low...
Phoenix Dry Rod Oven Type 300, Mdl. 16C & & (6) Electrode Quivers (A33349)
Phoenix Dry Rod...
2014 Ford Transit Cargo Van (A32932)
2014 Ford Transit...
2016 International ProStar Truck (A33544)
2016 International...