Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,741  
I’m thinking of building one of these for the tiny truck.
DF673CF7-DE20-4FB2-A8E6-D3AB46D4C64D.jpeg
3BE89BB6-2902-49FB-883F-CC28D53694E8.jpeg
1178137F-1744-4007-B298-03CF58DF604E.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,742  
View attachment 781754
Would it have been better to just buy a toy hauler?
I wonder if he uses a catapult to launch the boat :D
My 35' bumper pull toy hauler weighs 12k fully loaded. 1.5k worth of tongue weight. I easily have 1k spare of payload & axle capacity on my single rear wheel F350.

I'd guess that trailer is well under 8k & probably 500-600lbs of tongue weight. Probably 3k lbs maybe 4k of payload for the boat, trailer & other rigging.

Generally a boat that requires a trailer is going to be to wide & probably to long to fit in a toy hauler.

Not the easiest solution, but it looks like it's probably in capacities. Probably easier to back up than towing doubles (5th wheel trailer required most places & you are pretty limited on weight in the rear trailer).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,743  
I agree with the doubles backing difficulty.
I watched 2 guys easily, from my perspective, launch a bass boat right at the jetski beach with a fat tire dolly rolling it out of an enclosed toy hauler On the sand. Seemed pretty slick. The jet ski guys/gals have their own launch area on dirt/sandy beach.
The line at the boat launch ramp on the pavement looked to be at least a 30 min. wait.
I suspect it would require a long winch line in order to bring the boat on dolly back to the trailer on load up?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,744  
When are dealers/mfg going to stop selling camper setups like this? So much overhang which also includes a slide out and its extra frame weight. Jon
And a motorcycle/scooter hanging far out on the lever.

I've been poo-poo'ed for observing how long the lever of a hitch carrier with motorcycle. "Hitch receiver is rated to carry 800 pounds! Motorcycle and carrier only weighs 350!" But it it on a 2-3' lever arm, not the 8" of a drawbar.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,745  
Torn in a clean line straight down, it looks like the break is where the frame is spliced. Maybe for varying wheelbase models? Then they welded the bed mount right on that splice.
If there was a splice in the frame rail then there would be a splint and that area would be the strongest part of the frame.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,747  
just came across this photo

looks like a Shipping Container crisis / mishap

View attachment 782090
MV Rena - Wikipedia

On 5 October 2011, due to navigation errors near the Astrolabe Reef, the Rena ran aground near Tauranga, New Zealand, resulting in an oil spill. Over the span of several months, she had been battered by consistent heavy winds and rough seas and on 8 January 2012 the Rena broke in two after a particularly harsh night of bad weather. By 10 January the stern section had slipped off of the reef bank and sunk almost completely.

More photos:
mv rena at DuckDuckGo

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,748  
From a couple pallets of shingles?!?!

Wonder if the forklift pushed down on the back of the bed?

Yikes
Shingles are pretty darn heavy by the pallet. It's been 30+ years since I've hauled them, but I am thinking they are close to and possibly more than 3500# per pallet. The first pallet was centered just slightly ahead of the axle and the second one was completely behind the axle. Having said that, I once hauled 12,000 pounds of bricks (4 full pallets) on a one ton dually Chevy 70 miles mostly freeway.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,749  
Shingles are pretty darn heavy by the pallet. It's been 30+ years since I've hauled them, but I am thinking they are close to and possibly more than 3500# per pallet. The first pallet was centered just slightly ahead of the axle and the second one was completely behind the axle. Having said that, I once hauled 12,000 pounds of bricks (4 full pallets) on a one ton dually Chevy 70 miles mostly freeway.
3 Horse,
You can't compare apples to apples if you're gonna use a Chevy and a (fill in space here)! ;)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,750  
Screenshot_20230203-213523_Chrome.jpg

All right, what do we see here ? Is that a designated bed attachment point or did the bodybuilder just weld a piece of C channel to the frame to bolt his bed to, so the weld became a fatigue crack initiation point ?

This looks very peculiar, and having read many manufacturers body builders guidelines, i think this is a violation.