Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,721  
Looks like the aftermarket flatbed was welded to the frame. Aren't you NOT supposed to weld to frames? I've seen stickers on many semi tractor frames saying that.

Those are the factory bed mount brackets, welded from the factory, so Ram, you get a ding.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,722  
I've got a '97 F350, CC LB 4x4.
When we got it my wife really wanted, and we got, a Bigfoot camper, because we like 4-season camping. I hated driving with that thing on the truck.
She also got a 3' extension tube for the trailer hitch so if we wanted to we could take the horses - as suggested by the camper dealer (who's still in business and sells pusher RVs mostly).

I'm glad to say that A, we never pulled the horse trailer with the camper on the truck and B, only used the camper a small number of times - I much prefer rougher camping and also just how iffy the truck felt with that massive weight on it.
Knowing what I know now, I realize we really dodged a bullet. We were likely right at GVWR on the truck with the camper on it, definitely somewhat over GVWR when fully loaded, and pulling the trailer with it would've really been a bad idea.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,723  
I have a ~3k pound 9.5' camper I use with my '97 F350 crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel and tow my Ranger on a trailer around... I use a ~18" hitch extension with the frame mount hitch modified to be similar to a super hitch with two tubes and a forward support to take the side to side load of the trailer... the truck has air bags and I keep them at maybe 40psi to keep weight on the springs as it drives way better... I need to inspect things but I'm pretty sure it's not going to do what those trucks are...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,724  
1675241813449.jpeg

Would it have been better to just buy a toy hauler?
I wonder if he uses a catapult to launch the boat :D

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,725  
I see what he did wrong here. You can’t drive with a bbq on your hood! What was he thinking?
1675242311141.jpeg

At least he didn’t try putting this load on a 1 ton pickup. Probably would have broke the frame in half.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,728  
I got that beat!!! With PICS!

truck-car4.jpg

truck-car3.jpg

truck-car1.jpg

clip_image005.jpg

awesome-randoms-17.jpg

wrooster
I know where it was taken. Both vehicles were on their way to a local scrap yard. They did get there only on tow trucks. LOL

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,729  
Ooops Someone dropped something

Attachments

• Tow Hitch 1.jpg
    Tow Hitch 1.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 144