Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #41  
Heres' a thought. Facebook marketplace, Craigs list. I have sold on both with good results. Good luck.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #42  
I have no clue but.... does JD Financial allow a person to sell their equipment privately (before paid off)??
Sell and new owner sends check to loan company for balance owed. Get receipts!.......have buyer pay balance to you giving him a bill of sale and copy of paid off loan.
Tractors do not have titles so ....... make sure everyone gets notarized receipts.
With low hours a good starting sell price is what you paid new for it. You can always lower price to those that show an interest.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #43  
Consider a non-secured loan to pay off the balance to JD, this will make the tractor free and clear to sell.

Then once it's sold pay off the non-secured loan.

Of course, I'm assuming (or hoping at least) the tractor will net more than the loan.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #44  
Look at what you are paying for interest on your loan. Then look at what inflation is doing. You may be better off $-wise to hang on to the tractor as an investment and make more on it later on than if you sold it now. I have a car on a 1.9% loan that I could have easily paid cash for. But, the $30,000 I paid for it is sitting in a 5.3% CD and I'm only paying 1.9% on the loan. The way used tractor prices are, you might make more in inflation by this time next year than what you are paying in interest, and you'd still have the tractor to sell if you needed to. I agree with the others who say selling to the dealer will always cost you money.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #45  
I thought this was case closed? OP signed papers with the dealer

maybe He can drive by or look online and see what they ask for it vs what they paid

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #47  
I have no clue but.... does JD Financial allow a person to sell their equipment privately (before paid off)??
I would take a short term loan, pay it off then sell privately

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #48  
You are absolutely correct. Happiness to me at the moment is no debt. Just signed the papers this afternoon. I'm sure at some point I will get another tractor, but it will be a used tractor or maybe a used skid steer. I was so paranoid when we first moved here 3 years ago that I felt like I had to keep our 90 acres groomed like a golf course. I'm slowly coming to the realization that I don't need to do that, rather I need to learn to just sit back and enjoy what I have. Sometimes easier said than done, but we've put things in place to relieve some of the burden of me having to do everything myself. So yeah, it shouldn't be all about the money, but what makes one happy. I'm slowly learning that lesson, God willing.

I don't understand selling your tractor with that many acres and the fact you admitted you will get another tractor. Why not keep what you have?

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #49  
I think he posted the reason "Happiness to me at the moment is no debt. " and that is a very valid reason.
Another tractor will come, but if you are stressed by debt it may better to adjust you spending and make due. I for one applaud the OP for reevaluating his priorities. 🙌

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #50  
Bought a new John Deere 5090e cab tractor in 2021 with a 12 foot flex rotary cutter. Things have changed on our property that we can live without the tractor and the cutter. I financed the purchase thru John Deere financial, so I still owe on it. Do you think the dealer (trigreen) does these types of deals? Not looking to trade it in. It has 90 hours on it and for the most part, it sits in my shop gathering dust. Just not worth keeping it while it sits more than its being used.
Almost did my 2025R. JD dealer bid on it, but I got same from the Kubota dealer. Traded.