Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #31  
Just PM me your cell #, location, pics of tractor, hours, make sure your voice mail and texts function properly. I will list tractor in your area and surrounding, and move that baby. Price without anything else, just tractor. Price tractor and batwing or batwing alone. So three prices I need because folks like options. Find out what your pay off is. My number will not be on there. It will be your sale and my advertising. You can contact me anytime you need to. I have a good shipper if someone needs it shipped. You keep it at your place this way. I don't need your address, just city and state. You can give out your address when you talk to buyer. Barn kept owned by retired man. Sounds like I can move it remotely. Also I add that I will not post your phone number on the internet. Each inquiring party will have to ask me for your number. And I can send their number to you so you can be expecting their call.

Last edited:
   / Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?
Thanks for the offer Roustabout but I have decided to sell the equipment back to the dealer. They increased their offer price a bit and I'm comfortable with not having the issue of selling it myself on the open market and dealing with JD Financial. In selling to the dealer, I sign some forms, they pick up the equipment, settle with JD financial and cut me a check.

I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again..

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #33  
If you are happy then congrats.... not always about the money.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?
If you are happy then congrats.... not always about the money.
You are absolutely correct. Happiness to me at the moment is no debt. Just signed the papers this afternoon. I'm sure at some point I will get another tractor, but it will be a used tractor or maybe a used skid steer. I was so paranoid when we first moved here 3 years ago that I felt like I had to keep our 90 acres groomed like a golf course. I'm slowly coming to the realization that I don't need to do that, rather I need to learn to just sit back and enjoy what I have. Sometimes easier said than done, but we've put things in place to relieve some of the burden of me having to do everything myself. So yeah, it shouldn't be all about the money, but what makes one happy. I'm slowly learning that lesson, God willing.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #35  
Congrats! I understand the feeling of unloading something you no longer need.

However, you have 90 acres and no tractor now. That won't fly very long I don't think. Good luck with your used tractor hunt.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #37  
I’m in the process of trying to selling a Kubota L4760. Kubota dealer where I originally bought it will try to sell it for me for a flat $500. A friend/wheeler-dealer/horse trader is trying to sell it for me now for a $200 fee. The Kubota general & sales manager (over 3 stores) said all their new sub 70 HP tractors are moving very slowly now. Mine doesn’t have a loader so that compounds the selling issue.
No loaders on tractors like these, especially in today's market, is a very hard sell. Especially Kubota loaders. When purchased separately from the tractor, the Kubota loaders are HORRENDOUSLY EXPENSIVE! Ask me how I know! ;)

My shopping for the past two weeks for a new tractor in a much larger size has shown me that the smaller Utility models, not compact or sub-compact, are a very soft market today. Free finance offers and cash-back offers in my case have been easy along with "I'll call my rep and get you another 3% off". If I didn't already own a sweet little B2601, I'd probably have a shiny new cabbed SCUT today!

In addition to the smaller tractors, bigger ones seem pretty darn soft in my shopping. I don't get the huge premiums being paid for >200Hp tractors I see as used examples on auction sites but, 110Hp~150Hp options right now have some pretty good prices plus really attractive financing at 0% interest on top of cash incentives and extra "margin" from the factory.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #38  
You are absolutely correct. Happiness to me at the moment is no debt. Just signed the papers this afternoon. I'm sure at some point I will get another tractor, but it will be a used tractor or maybe a used skid steer. I was so paranoid when we first moved here 3 years ago that I felt like I had to keep our 90 acres groomed like a golf course. I'm slowly coming to the realization that I don't need to do that, rather I need to learn to just sit back and enjoy what I have. Sometimes easier said than done, but we've put things in place to relieve some of the burden of me having to do everything myself. So yeah, it shouldn't be all about the money, but what makes one happy. I'm slowly learning that lesson, God willing.

Interesting! Finding a good used tractor for less money is going to be hard for you I suspect.

Why? A really good example will sell pretty close to the new price or, it will have a lot of hours on it and need maintenance occasionally that you may not be prepared to do yourself. Then there is the mower issue!

In terms of keeping your 90 acres groomed like a golf course, that really defeats a lot of a 90-acre pasture's support of wildlife and any livestock you have. This suggests to me you didn't grow up in a rural area and probably moved from a large city to your retirement property which is unfortunately pretty common these days.

Heck, that's why I have a 6-horse stall barn with a horse wash rack! The lady I bought my place from never owned a horse! However, she was ready I guess if her granddaughter had to have one! The feral hogs though made the property untenable for horses prior to my ownership. My feral hog Jihad fixed that along with my 7' gear drive tiller on my L4600 Kubota!

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #39  
No loaders on tractors like these, especially in today's market, is a very hard sell. Especially Kubota loaders. When purchased separately from the tractor, the Kubota loaders are HORRENDOUSLY EXPENSIVE! Ask me how I know! ;)

My shopping for the past two weeks for a new tractor in a much larger size has shown me that the smaller Utility models, not compact or sub-compact, are a very soft market today. Free finance offers and cash-back offers in my case have been easy along with "I'll call my rep and get you another 3% off". If I didn't already own a sweet little B2601, I'd probably have a shiny new cabbed SCUT today!

In addition to the smaller tractors, bigger ones seem pretty darn soft in my shopping. I don't get the huge premiums being paid for >200Hp tractors I see as used examples on auction sites but, 110Hp~150Hp options right now have some pretty good prices plus really attractive financing at 0% interest on top of cash incentives and extra "margin" from the factory.
I didn’t find adding a Kubota loader after the original sale (several years later) that much more expensive. I ordered one but after months of waiting I canceled it last year. Maybe 5-10% more plus tractor transportation. They started from the same Whole Goods price list and I wasn’t getting the better discount that I got from the original tractor purchase. Extra $6-700 maybe.

Last edited:
   / Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #40  
Bought a new John Deere 5090e cab tractor in 2021 with a 12 foot flex rotary cutter. Things have changed on our property that we can live without the tractor and the cutter. I financed the purchase thru John Deere financial, so I still owe on it. Do you think the dealer (trigreen) does these types of deals? Not looking to trade it in. It has 90 hours on it and for the most part, it sits in my shop gathering dust. Just not worth keeping it while it sits more than its being used.
TRY 2 DEALERS FIRST OR MAYBE 3---ONE OF THEM MAY ALREADY HAVE A BUYER JUST LOOKING FOR ONE..NO COST TO ASK AND MAKE YOU A OFFER