Seized chainsaw

/ Seized chainsaw #71  
I run 3 different 'mixes'.
1] No oil for the lawn mower
2] 40:1 for the weed whacker
3] 50:1 for the Husky chain saw

I use a black marker and write on each 2.5 gal can what is in it and what it's for. BIG LETTERS

/ Seized chainsaw #72  
Now i'm back to the beginning. Checked compression again and it's only 30 psi. Could it be that some atf leftover in cylinder resulted in high compression in the beginning, but now when it's gone i lost it? Anyway looks like time to replace cylinder/piston assy
I used to be a Husky dealer and this is how I would fix your saw from eBay. I have a 254 Husky I have used every year for 34 years. Replaced the fuel line twice, rebuilt the carb once and two new ropes and that’s it. I have always ran 87 octane and 50:1 Husky oil only. Good luck.

Attachments

• DC8C861F-8C23-4974-A7C7-B9B8D48462EF.png
    DC8C861F-8C23-4974-A7C7-B9B8D48462EF.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
   / Seized chainsaw #73  
My Husqvarna 570 seized during firewood cutting. No compression. I put atf in the cylinder and waited 48n hrs. Now there's 100 psi compression, good spark bot won't start. Looks like some atf still in the cylinder. Its coming out thru sparkplug hole and muffler when starter is pulled. Not much... I think that's a reason for not starting. Is there way to get it out completely? Anything else to look for?
So, can’t really comment on specifics, but here’s something to consider going forward. Battery powered chainsaws have come a long way in the past few years. I have an 80v Greenworks chainsaw with an 18” bar. It starts every time and maintains constant power until it runs out of juice. I’ve used it extensively over the past 4 years clearing a heavily wooded lot of oaks. Likely have 300 hours on it or more, all without fail. Something to consider if you can’t solve this problem.

/ Seized chainsaw #74  
LOL, way back when cutting for a cottage roadway in early buggy spring Deet and extra oil in the chain saws was the order of the day.

The work gang were all cottage owners and it was very comical to see the various getups to ward off skitters and black flies. From long pants with elastics at the cuffs to full bee keepers hoods.
Even saw a few that duck taped their pants and cuffs.

My defense was rubbing orange peel skins on my neck and arms as well as a heavy extra dose of oil in my saw mix.
The best insect repellent: Avon skin so soft lotion. It’s made with citronella oil. Foresters have known this truck for years. Doesn’t work on ticks and chiggers (need Deet for that), but works on mosquitoes and no see ums.

/ Seized chainsaw #75  
At this point, why it seized, is not your first concern - it did, and you need to fix it before you run it again. time for a teardown and diagnosis. once you get it apart you will be able to figure out how much damage there is and what causes it. Then you can decide if a rebuild is the way to go. Good luck!

/ Seized chainsaw #76  
Sounds like the Carb was adjusted to get every inch of RPM out of the saw. Tuned at Max RPM means the saw is running too lean. Even properly mixed gas will not help the engine from running too lubrication lean. Back to your question.... Pull the spark plug out, spray cylinder with carb cleaner while holding saw upside down to drain. Let it totally dry, put plug back in, try restart it.

/ Seized chainsaw #77  
I use a big fat black permanent marker to put the mix ratio on the jug. I leave it blank for straight gasoline.
That's what I do too, but I'm a one-man operation so I don't have worry about anyone else making a mistake.

/ Seized chainsaw
were you using ethanol gas? Lost 3 saws to that crap. Never put it in anything but my cars now.
I've been using ethanol gas for years without any issues. Always adding marine sta-bil for all my equipment