Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #181  
I have 2 choices
Plow with cabbed tractor
Plow with 4WD truck

Done both for decades.

The tractor will do it, but its too slow. Truck is 2x faster. Time is money in my business.
In a blizzard, tractor is better.
Have you considered a Toolcat? https://www.bobcat.com/na/en/equipment/toolcat

Screenshot 2024-01-10 11.15.55.png

Screenshot 2024-01-10 11.23.38.png

Toolcai.jpeg

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #183  
Got more pictures of the Dmax/3500/DRW.
Completely stripped to the bone. Power nothing.
Diesel/Auto/4x4
Headliner is down.
Very little rust
Better than a beater, but nothing fancy.
Seller has clean title.
NY Inspected through August 2024
Door jamb VIN sticker is gone because rockers, doors and cab corners were replaced “a few years back”.
would like to know how truck was speced-out. Like especiallt front & rear axle ratings and GVWR.
$12,500

Seems like there’s a lot there, but will it always leave me wanting a single rear wheel truck

Really need a GM “cateye” duramax expert for this thread.
Ask the seller for a picture of the RPO codes in the glovebox. It'll list everything the truck came factory with. I have an '04 standard cab Duramax with the 6spd transmission. The codes is how I noticed it didn't have the G80 rear. But that wasn't enough to deter the sale at the price I got it for.

My '05 crew cab when sitting next to it isn't much longer than the standard cab. But the turning radius is that of a semi for the 4 door

/ Searching for a truck I may never find?
You're not thinking this through...

You and all the other people think 6.0 are trash and sell them for super cheap. Buying cheap allows you to put some money into it, make it reliable, and tailored to your needs. You then get something that is solid, capable, and purposeful.

If you go GM, your paying more up front, and then there is no room to tailor to your needs. You will forever be nickeled and dimed to death fixing stuff that should have been addressed when you first buy a money making machine. At that point you are just throwing good money after bad.

When you buy your 6.0, let me know. I'll tell you how to make it the best truck you will ever own.

;)
Damn thats funny!

Yes, I wanted a toolcat for years. Then after realizing a farm tractor will do more and faster, I pumped the brakes on that idea. Too small & too slow.
I need a truck that can run miles of roads between snowplowing clients smoothly & fast, and also tow mowers around, etc.

But also correct.
Reality: There’s this thing called downtime.
Nobody wants it with a vehicle needed for work, like snowplowing. The 6/6.4L Ford trucks were known to go teets up at the worst times. Been there, done that. I have owned both. I know what each is like.
GM way more reliable drivetrain than Ford in that era. Rust doesn’t stop anyone from plowing snow. Blown head gaskets do.
A stripped, pre-emissions GM worktruck with a DMAX/Ally is about as reliable as it gets.

Anyway, enough with the brand wars. I don’t want a 6L Ford but would consider a 6.7L Ford so, lets move on. (y)

Ask the seller for a picture of the RPO codes in the glovebox. It'll list everything the truck came factory with. I have an '04 standard cab Duramax with the 6spd transmission. The codes is how I noticed it didn't have the G80 rear. But that wasn't enough to deter the sale at the price I got it for.

My '05 crew cab when sitting next to it isn't much longer than the standard cab. But the turning radius is that of a semi for the 4 door
Good idea. IF I moved on this truck, I was going to ask local GM dealer if they could send me a “build sheet”, too.

I’m beginning to move off this truck. I like it, but I like my old rule which is the “8 out of 10 rule”.
I make a list of 10 wants. If 8 of them aren’t there, I usually move on.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #189  
I can understand. Power windows being nice for defrost control mainly.