Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #161  
The difficulty is finding a regular cab with no substantial rust
Snow plowing sounds to me like a job for a beater. I welded new structural tubes and somr floor sheets in an International 744 XL cab a few years ago. Guy bought it off a contractor who used it on a salt spreader. He asked me to make it safe again because he bumped his chin when he stepped on the entrance ladder and it took the edge tube with it down...

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #162  
I would also consider a 2500 (3/4 ton) and I could always add air bags or helpers to rear spring packs.

The difficulty is finding a regular cab with no substantial rust
I have with stand alone no compressor, have to fill up with a remote compressor Firestone branded bags with better than expected results. And they've always held the minimum recommended 5psi over extended periods of time, meaning Ive only had to add air to take the sag out of the back when loaded.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find?
Snow plowing sounds to me like a job for a beater. I welded new structural tubes and somr floor sheets in an International 744 XL cab a few years ago. Guy bought it off a contractor who used it on a salt spreader. He asked me to make it safe again because he bumped his chin when he stepped on the entrance ladder and it took the edge tube with it down...
I may also use it to pull a mower trailer in the summer. Would prefer not to start out with a rusted truck.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #164  
What steps do you guys take to protect against title and/or emission issues?

Seller here is required to furnish recent clear smog report at time of sale otherwise sale can be rescinded.

Also auto theft is huge with lots of stolen vehicles.

In 2023 my city had over 15,000 reported vehicle thefts or about one theft for every 30 people.

Across the board the rates continue increasing so buyers must really beware.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #165  

Seller here is required to furnish recent clear smog report at time of sale otherwise sale can be rescinded.

In 2023 my city had over 15,000 reported vehicle thefts or about one theft for every 30 people.

Yellow, red and orange are the only areas that have any emissions issues.

IMG_3354.jpeg

I live in a red area on that map, but don’t have diesel emmissions

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #167  
   / Searching for a truck I may never find? #168  
No. Not the case. Typically the first thing that happens here is a DPF delete as soon as the warranty is out for most of the guys driving these trucks. They say the Rams are the easiest to delete.

Emission issues are not a factor in PA, as there is no diesel emissions inspection. Title issues I don’t really have an answer. I would look at the title carefully to see if it’s legit. If its a local seller, I could take the title to the tag/title agency and they could probably pick up on title fraud. Might even have a chance to go after seller.
He’d definitely be hearing from me.

Really don’t like buying vehicles “long distance”, but if I can get exactly what I want, I will probably take my chances.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #170  
Found this just minutes ago. Its a DRW, which might work, but I’m not crazy about them in snow and it’s more portly than an SRW. Otherwise, low rust and priced very well

Just realized, I can't even look at a REGULAR cab anymore without cringing. I've had extended cabs starting in 1993 and then full 4-door models since 2014. I've always got tools and coats and junk back there. Can't imagine going back to a standard cab without room to throw a coat in the back or keep a toolbox on the floor and in the dry. (Especially when out snow-plowing . . . )

Good luck with the search!