SC2400 randomly loses power under load

/ SC2400 randomly loses power under load #1  

papacamper

Tractor
Yanmar SC2400
1) Tractor has roughly 500 hours on it and has moved/blown snow great all winter until recently when it will randomly "fall on its face" when under load. Normally the tractor runs around 3200 RPM and will slow to 2900/3000 when blowing deep snow. Recently it will randomly fall down to 1500-2000 RPM and struggle to climb back up when there is a load on the blower. Ive noticed it seems to be happening after 10-15 minutes of running but I could be wrong on that. Once this problem arises is doesnt go away after one or 2 times happening, it keeps doing it, but randomly. For instance i could make a 50ft push through snow with no problem, then bam, just falls on its face even though the snow isnt any deeper in that spot.

Ive changed the air filter and the fuel/water seperator filter. There is an in-line fuel filter im having trouble getting my hands on so i cleaned out the one on the tractor the best i could with some Sea Foam (may have been useless, idk) and that didnt seem to really help. So that could be the culprit.

2) Its in a 45F heated shop and has been struggling to start since this summer but is progressively getting worse. Glow plugs? Are these 2 linked, or just a coincidence?

/ SC2400 randomly loses power under load #2  
You may have algae or something else in the tank. Check the lift pump as well.

/ SC2400 randomly loses power under load
Problem solved, there was something blocking the outlet tube from the tank. When i disconnected the tube there only droplets falling out. I poked around and got it cleared and a nice stream now flows. Will need to fully address the problem at a later date to clear all the drebris.

/ SC2400 randomly loses power under load #4  
A fellow CC/Yanmar owner.....
Not a lot of us on here. It's good to see you figured it out. I had a little problem with mine a couple of years ago. It would randomly die. Sometimes it would start immediately, sometimes not. The problem on mine turned about to be a fuel shut off solenoid. I had some trouble getting one. The Yanmar dealer at home isn't really interested in my business. I ended up buying on line from a bigger dealer in another state. Being able to fix yours for free was a real win. Thanks for sharing the information.