SC2400 mower deck

/ SC2400 mower deck #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
Is there any way to keep the mower deck up and still use the 3point hitch?

Thanks

KC

/ SC2400 mower deck #2  
yeah... while I'm not sure if its in the manual or not, there are locks up under the tractor that allows you to lock the deck up when you want to just use the 3ph. I use them when I take the deck off for the winter to keep the arms from dropping down when I use the 3ph.

On each side, you'll see a piece of flat steel rounded with a hole on one end and a spring loaded pin through the other end. Pull on it and rotate it up... the hole will lock onto a fixed pin and hold the deck up. Just make sure you do both sides.

/ SC2400 mower deck #3  
Yes. The deck is power lifted but gravity dropped. There are two pins, one on each side of the lift arms for the deck that you lock in place once the deck is raised all the way. You then control only the 3pt hitch.

Alan

/ SC2400 mower deck
Thanks,I thought there might be one, my local dealer did not know that!

KC

/ SC2400 mower deck #5  
Love you guys! The inability to lock the deck in the highest position was the only thing I did not like about my SC2400, so now I love everything about it!!:thumbsup:

/ SC2400 mower deck
Love you guys! The inability to lock the deck in the highest position was the only thing I did not like about my SC2400, so now I love everything about it!!:thumbsup:

My other local dealer showed me a locking system they Cub uses.

KC

/ SC2400 mower deck #7  
Wish I had joined sooner and read this thread. I took my mower deck off so I could use the box blade to scrape the yard.