SC2400 jumps to high range

/ SC2400 jumps to high range #1  

temmert

Tractor
Cub Cadet/Yanmar SC2400
Hi everyone, I also posted this under the Yanmar section. I bought a used Cubcadet/Yanmar sc2400. I think it's a 2012. Has 425 hours. When under a load the range selector shakes hard and transmission jumps to high range. Done a ton of research and found a few post about it, but no real solutions. I check the fluid and it is full. Anyone else having this issue or can offer me some guidance?
THANK YOU

/ SC2400 jumps to high range #2  
There's no detent to hold it in the range ...

/ SC2400 jumps to high range
No it does not do that. Nor does it lock into high.

/ SC2400 jumps to high range #7  
Maybe the linkage is worn out...

/ SC2400 jumps to high range #8  
Bump for an old post.
I have an SC2450 that I bought new in 2009. In the last decade I have worked away from home for all of it. Recently while I was home and using my tractor, I noticed the same thing when moving some dirt. Mine has less then 300 hours. I am pretty sure it isn't worn out but I will look for the spring mentioned above. It's been a good tractor but too bad for all of us that bought in at that time. On the rare occasion I have needed a dealer supplied part or service, I have been given the cold shoulder by both the Yanmar and Cub Cadet dealers. Anyway, just saw the topic of the thread and wanted to see if anyone has any updates to this.

/ SC2400 jumps to high range #9  
Hi everyone, I also posted this under the Yanmar section. I bought a used Cubcadet/Yanmar sc2400. I think it's a 2012. Has 425 hours. When under a load the range selector shakes hard and transmission jumps to high range. Done a ton of research and found a few post about it, but no real solutions. I check the fluid and it is full. Anyone else having this issue or can offer me some guidance?
THANK YOU
temmert, question, do you have the backhoe on the tractor and or the tires filled ? might have some info for you, I know you said a 2400 but just checking

/ SC2400 jumps to high range #10  
temmert, question, do you have the backhoe on the tractor and or the tires filled ? might have some info for you, I know you said a 2400 but just checking
Merely an observation here. temmert has not been seen on this forum since Sep 2020. Also his original post had said he has an SC2400. That is a tractor and loader (usually equipped) from the factory. An SC2450 has the backhoe attachment. My SC2450 does not have filled tires but as a 2450, is backhoe equipped.