• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Saw one today.. pretty nice

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #51  
Why's that, though? The length, width, weight, power, and loader capacity are pretty much all in the same class.

Compare for yourself:

The L2501 has a significantly larger engine that is also underrated by the factory to fall below the 26HP threshold for no DPF. It also has direct injection vs the Summit indirect injection. The 2501 has more PTO power and is rated at a lower engine RPM. It has a larger fuel tank, and significantly larger tires, and weighs a little more. The 2501 has a longer wheelbase and the loader lifts nearly 10" higher. It has more hydraulic flow. One of the biggest differences is the transmission. Summit has a crappy two-range hydrostatic while every Kubota except the very small entry level BX series has a 3-range. I think the Summit is more comparable to the large B series frame Kubota, now called the "LX." Its a cheap tractor that is trying to sell on being feature rich and having a decent warranty. There are always tradeoffs when you buy something that's cheap. Summit has to buy the tractor from ITL, pay to have it shipped over here, pay the middleman retailers like Home Depot to carry it and advertise it, and pay the service facilities they have made arrangements with. In order to do all this and still undercut the competition, they have to cut costs somewhere. So the average non-savvy buyer sees the machine at Home Depot, it has some fancy projector headlights on the front and features like the 3rd function and rear remote and leveling loader that the mainstream guys either don't have or you pay more for...and see the price and think "I want that." But anyone who uses a tractor commercially is not going to want this. And contracting out with an automotive repair facility for service is not quite the same as a JD dealership with all the special tools needed for complete servicing along with years of experience of working on these machines and a complete stockroom full of common parts vs Joe's Garage that primarily works on Ford's and Dodges but can squeeze in a Summit tractor that needs a seal on the PTO shaft replaced but has never done one before.

It seems the new model for introducing products into the US marketplace is now you contract out with some Chinese or Indian company who is already making basically what you want...you give them some specific features or specs your version needs to have, plus colors and sticker graphics...set up a basic distribution plan in the US with some method of attempting to service these things as needed...and sell it as a premium product. Northern tool has been doing this for years with their Chinese made NorTrac machines. Granted, this Summit tractor looks better than the NorTracs, but frankly if I wanted a cheap foreign tractor I'd just order the kit online, assemble it myself, and gamble on getting parts or being able to fix it myself and probably lop off $5k or more.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #52  
Gotcha. But also - your own website still lists 925 lbs on the "specifications" page.
Hi Deezler, Yes thank you for catching that. We have made revisions across our many platforms but this one was missed. We will go into the website and make the revision to reflect the new loader specs. Thank you for catching that!

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #53  
The L2501 has a significantly larger engine that is also underrated by the factory to fall below the 26HP threshold for no DPF. It also has direct injection vs the Summit indirect injection. The 2501 has more PTO power and is rated at a lower engine RPM. It has a larger fuel tank, and significantly larger tires, and weighs a little more. The 2501 has a longer wheelbase and the loader lifts nearly 10" higher. It has more hydraulic flow. One of the biggest differences is the transmission. Summit has a crappy two-range hydrostatic while every Kubota except the very small entry level BX series has a 3-range. I think the Summit is more comparable to the large B series frame Kubota, now called the "LX." Its a cheap tractor that is trying to sell on being feature rich and having a decent warranty. There are always tradeoffs when you buy something that's cheap. Summit has to buy the tractor from ITL, pay to have it shipped over here, pay the middleman retailers like Home Depot to carry it and advertise it, and pay the service facilities they have made arrangements with. In order to do all this and still undercut the competition, they have to cut costs somewhere. So the average non-savvy buyer sees the machine at Home Depot, it has some fancy projector headlights on the front and features like the 3rd function and rear remote and leveling loader that the mainstream guys either don't have or you pay more for...and see the price and think "I want that." But anyone who uses a tractor commercially is not going to want this. And contracting out with an automotive repair facility for service is not quite the same as a JD dealership with all the special tools needed for complete servicing along with years of experience of working on these machines and a complete stockroom full of common parts vs Joe's Garage that primarily works on Ford's and Dodges but can squeeze in a Summit tractor that needs a seal on the PTO shaft replaced but has never done one before.

It seems the new model for introducing products into the US marketplace is now you contract out with some Chinese or Indian company who is already making basically what you want...you give them some specific features or specs your version needs to have, plus colors and sticker graphics...set up a basic distribution plan in the US with some method of attempting to service these things as needed...and sell it as a premium product. Northern tool has been doing this for years with their Chinese made NorTrac machines. Granted, this Summit tractor looks better than the NorTracs, but frankly if I wanted a cheap foreign tractor I'd just order the kit online, assemble it myself, and gamble on getting parts or being able to fix it myself and probably lop off $5k or more.
We appreciate all posts on this forum. There are 18 compact tractor brands sold in the U.S., only 8 manufacturers making them all. None can legally claim Made In America, and none do. Some use "assembled in the U.S." If there was a U.S. manufacturer that we can purchase from, we would. We are a veteran owned business and seek all U.S. made equipment opportunities. Our tractor is made in India, the source that many name brands use. We don't count NorTrac in the 18 brands, those are Chinese made. Our backhoe is made in the U.S., we could have used a cheaper source outside of the U.S. We didn't. Our tires & wheels are made by Titan and carry the Goodyear brand. Same thing, we selected a U.S. manufacturer instead of a cheaper choice. Our attachments & implements are U.S. made.

The customers that have purchased our tractors are very happy with our parts & service support and overall customer service.

We are just doing things differently, offering new places and ways to purchase, premium spec products, well-priced. We know that TBN users will have loyalty to certain brands, and there are a lot of good choices. We also know that there are many users that may be affiliated with brands that we compete with. We are focused on our products and our brand, and prospective buyers that are interested in new choices.

Again, thank you for your comments, all present us with an opportunity to highlight Summit.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #54  
I've said it before, but it's like some folks here in North American don't believe people work in other countries; they do, and these machines are built for that work.

Frankly there are two concerns I have with Summit; one I don't address because it's not applicable to the quality of the machine or Summit as a brand. The second is their distribution and service network; I look forward to seeing how the business model works for them, and I really wish them well. I want it to work because it'll smack around the larger manufactures with their opposition to right-to-repair.

That said, with brands like Kioti, TYM, Mahindra, et all, these tractors arrive at the dealer disassembled; dealer prep is a lot more intensive than just giving it a look over. They're rebuilding the tractor, so you want to trust the people doing that. Not to mention if you ever have a warranty claim a good dealer will step up to bat for you with a lot more intensity.

Some of the 'complaints' about these 'other' manufacturers are nothing but ignorance. That and self congratulatory auto-fellatio for making such a great purchase.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #55  
Why the difference of loader parts between post 1, and post 16/48? The curl cylinders and top self leveling link are much different. Are we seeing the design evolving during the first year? I noticed the 5 lug wheels too.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #56  
Why the difference of loader parts between post 1, and post 16/48? The curl cylinders and top self leveling link are much different. Are we seeing the design evolving during the first year? I noticed the 5 lug wheels too.

Good question and thank you for your post. We switched loader manufacturers to go with one with the production capacity to meet demand. When switching suppliers, there are going to be changes, and the new loader has the same basic functions. Both loaders are self leveling, both have bucket level indicators. Both are skid steer quick attach, both have third function standard. The changes are mostly visual, but the new loader does have about 185 pounds additional lift capacity to full height. There hasn't been any change to the wheels. Again, thank you very much for your post and question. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Last edited:
   / Saw one today.. pretty nice #57  
I've said it before, but it's like some folks here in North American don't believe people work in other countries; they do, and these machines are built for that work.
Exactly! Thanks for pointing this out. This is something that a lot of people in the US don't quite understand. They seem to believe the rest of the world uses these tractors to mow the lawn or something.

There is a lot of small scale farming being done in Europe and other markets as well. Most of it relies on sub compact and compact tractors or at most up to 75 HP. It ain't no good having an huge tractor if then can fit the places in needs to go.

These tractors see about all types of work, pulling loaded trailers, tilling, plowing, discing, logging, spraying, just about everything really. Get loaded with hours, most trouble free hours and put to the test.

Statements like the other guy was saying in the other thread that Korean and Indian tractors are consumer grade couldn't be more ignorant even if he tried. Probably never saw one of these tractors in person either, let alone use one.

I wish nothing but success to Summit and this new adventure. The Solis S26 seems to be doing great all over Europe.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #58  
I wish nothing but success to Summit and this new adventure. The Solis S26 seems to be doing great all over Europe.
Yes, it does and I follow that as well. I see the issue with Summit as a service after the sale or warranty related repairs. Kind of similar to the Cabelas debacle.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #59  
Exactly! Thanks for pointing this out. This is something that a lot of people in the US don't quite understand. They seem to believe the rest of the world uses these tractors to mow the lawn or something.

There is a lot of small scale farming being done in Europe and other markets as well. Most of it relies on sub compact and compact tractors or at most up to 75 HP. It ain't no good having an huge tractor if then can fit the places in needs to go.

These tractors see about all types of work, pulling loaded trailers, tilling, plowing, discing, logging, spraying, just about everything really. Get loaded with hours, most trouble free hours and put to the test.

Statements like the other guy was saying in the other thread that Korean and Indian tractors are consumer grade couldn't be more ignorant even if he tried. Probably never saw one of these tractors in person either, let alone use one.

Thank you for your kind words. We are all just tractor people at Summit like everyone else in our industry. Just recognized that most people that use small tractors live the rural lifestyle, they use the equipment to support their lifestyle and land management needs. Fulfilling dreams for the family homestead. It's by far the largest segment in the U.S. tractor market in unit volume, and our business was put together with that focus. We realize that being different brings doubt, lots of questions, lots of opinions. Ok with us, we'll just take care of our customers, answer questions from those interested in learning more. Thank you again.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #60  
Hi there, thank you for your criticism.

* The rear remotes and 3rd function standard features have been a fan favorite but we realize everyone has their own preferences.

* The self leveling loader we look as at critical not only for optimal performance but safety. With such a great lift capacity, we wanted to ensure operators are safe as possible.

* The tractors resale value will grow exponentially as brand recognition grows. We will be nationwide very soon. Combine that with the standard premium features and you can expect the resale value to be greater than you might think.

* Serviceability may actually be a strength of the Summit compared to other brands because we do not have the typical service dealers that have long wait times, high labor pricing, and of course don't educate you to trouble shoot simple fixes at home to protect their service dealers. Summit has mobile technicians that can come to homes, Area Service Managers that can trouble shoot over the phone, and brick and mortar service repair centers as well as a plethora of videos encouraging and educating customers on how to do minor service/repairs at home!

* It is common knowledge that the industry has no tractor brand being solely "made in the USA". Most of them come out of Japan, Korea, and India. However, we do assemble the tractors in the USA at our assembly centers that support US jobs. We use Goodyear R14T tires. We use Rimguard Liquid Tire ballast out of Michigan. On top of all that we are veteran owned and operated and make a donation from every tractor sale to the Tunnel To Towers foundation that supports goldstar families and first responders. We think we are very patriotic.
OK, I've made some posts I know ruffled some feathers in regards to Summit. With that said, I do appreciate the measured well thought response. I respect this.

Ad bottom of page