• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Saw one today.. pretty nice

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #41  
I just purchased a new Kubota BX2680 with FEL, dual rear remotes and 60" belly mower for $24k so I must disagree with the Summit being any cheaper than Kubota.
With that in mind why would anyone consider any product without a local service network?
For example I have a 2 year old KX057. When it stalled in the woods and wouldn't restart my dealer's service truck responded the next morning. Back in operation 2 hours later.

Their website lists the TX25 tractor as $19,499 including the LX85 loader (1100 lift to max height!). At that price they are a solid 25-30% cheaper than a Deere or Kubota (which both have much weaker front loaders on paper), and includes many more standard features, too.

Question for those more well informed: If there is a 2100rpm mid PTO as standard, where is the mid-mower deck option? I see nothing on the summit website about mower decks. Why have a mid PTO if there is nothing compatible?

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #42  
Good day!

Our Summit TX25H Tractor is a heavy tractor for its HP class - this to enable it to perform a lot of more heavy "tractor work" than smaller frame brands. It was not designed for the addition of a mid-mount mower. However, we recommend to customers that want to use the tractor for mowing to purchase a 3-pt finish mower. they cost less, cut very well, are much easier to put on and take off and enable backing under trees, as some of the advantages over a mid-mount mower. A 60" is the right size for the TX25H. We will be offering a Summit FMX60 very soon, and most farm & ranch retailers and tractor dealers carry them as well. Unlike a mid-mount mower, which is a custom integration with specific tractors, the 3-pt finish mower will work on any tractor brand's 3-pt hitch.

The TX25H does have mid PTO on the tractor for future attachment design possibilities.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #43  
I just purchased a new Kubota BX2680 with FEL, dual rear remotes and 60" belly mower for $24k so I must disagree with the Summit being any cheaper than Kubota.
With that in mind why would anyone consider any product without a local service network?
For example I have a 2 year old KX057. When it stalled in the woods and wouldn't restart my dealer's service truck responded the next morning. Back in operation 2 hours later.
Congrats on your machine, but thats a much smaller and less capable tractor than this summit TX25. It weighs twice as much as your lawn tractor, and the loader is far stronger as well. Plus double the rear 3-pt lift capacity, many more standard features, I could go on.

Get a quote for a B2601 or L2501 with all the features of the TX25 here and you'll see the comparison I was actually making. The equivalent kubota nearly touches $30k.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #44  
Having the 3rd function and rear remotes is nice, but then I see turnbuckle sway control on the 3-point hitch and no telescopic ends. That makes getting implements on and off a pain. There might be aftermarket solutions, but I'd rather have the 3-point hitch features instead of the remotes and third function. This is a small tractor and its hydraulic flow is probably pretty limiting. I feel the same about the self-leveling loader. It can pick up 1000lbs...why bother with self leveling?

And while you pay less, but probably not as much less as one thinks, you end up with a tractor with poor resale and limited serviceability compared to JD/Kubota.

I'd forgive all that and pay extra if the machine was made in the USA. Summit markets "veteran owned" and then imports a tractor from India. Not terribly patriotic in my opinion. I understand this is a hard market to break into, and lower price / high feature content is probably the strategy. This is how Kia / Hyundai cars made their re-entrance into the US and are now mainstream. But the tractor market is quite a bit different. And comparing this to a Kubota L2501 is a joke...the L2501 is a much more substantial tractor.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #45  
Comparing it to a L2501 makes the price point look more appealing from a marketing viewpoint if the buyer is simply looking at HP specs, the inclusion of a higher grade seat, 3rd function, mirrors, etc..

Another marketing strategy is they are getting themselves in front of a lot of potential buyers by selling these units at retail stores like Home Depot, Atwoods, etc.

Even going to the trouble of responding to posts on TBN is another evidence of the marketing effort going into this.

Whatever one's opinion might be about the tractor, the marketing behind it so far is impressive.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #46  
Having the 3rd function and rear remotes is nice, but then I see turnbuckle sway control on the 3-point hitch and no telescopic ends. That makes getting implements on and off a pain. There might be aftermarket solutions, but I'd rather have the 3-point hitch features instead of the remotes and third function. This is a small tractor and its hydraulic flow is probably pretty limiting. I feel the same about the self-leveling loader. It can pick up 1000lbs...why bother with self leveling?

And while you pay less, but probably not as much less as one thinks, you end up with a tractor with poor resale and limited serviceability compared to JD/Kubota.

I'd forgive all that and pay extra if the machine was made in the USA. Summit markets "veteran owned" and then imports a tractor from India. Not terribly patriotic in my opinion. I understand this is a hard market to break into, and lower price / high feature content is probably the strategy. This is how Kia / Hyundai cars made their re-entrance into the US and are now mainstream. But the tractor market is quite a bit different. And comparing this to a Kubota L2501 is a joke...the L2501 is a much more substantial tractor.
Hi there, thank you for your criticism.

* The rear remotes and 3rd function standard features have been a fan favorite but we realize everyone has their own preferences.

* The self leveling loader we look as at critical not only for optimal performance but safety. With such a great lift capacity, we wanted to ensure operators are safe as possible.

* The tractors resale value will grow exponentially as brand recognition grows. We will be nationwide very soon. Combine that with the standard premium features and you can expect the resale value to be greater than you might think.

* Serviceability may actually be a strength of the Summit compared to other brands because we do not have the typical service dealers that have long wait times, high labor pricing, and of course don't educate you to trouble shoot simple fixes at home to protect their service dealers. Summit has mobile technicians that can come to homes, Area Service Managers that can trouble shoot over the phone, and brick and mortar service repair centers as well as a plethora of videos encouraging and educating customers on how to do minor service/repairs at home!

* It is common knowledge that the industry has no tractor brand being solely "made in the USA". Most of them come out of Japan, Korea, and India. However, we do assemble the tractors in the USA at our assembly centers that support US jobs. We use Goodyear R14T tires. We use Rimguard Liquid Tire ballast out of Michigan. On top of all that we are veteran owned and operated and make a donation from every tractor sale to the Tunnel To Towers foundation that supports goldstar families and first responders. We think we are very patriotic.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #47  
Thanks for the response Summit. I'm aware no tractor is made in the USA, at least completely. JD makes a number of their utility tractors in India. Most Kubotas are made in Japan although some are made in the US, but Kubota is a Japanese brand to begin with.

Although I did offer some criticism, I agree it takes a lot to get these machines to market, and to have them being featured at major retailers like Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Runnings, etc is quite a feat.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #48  
And comparing this to a Kubota L2501 is a joke...the L2501 is a much more substantial tractor.
Why's that, though? The length, width, weight, power, and loader capacity are pretty much all in the same class.

Compare for yourself:

Wait, since summit reps are in here responding to posts, please clear up one more thing for us:

LX85 loader capacity is listed as both 1,102 lbs in the ad below, and 925 lbs on the spec sheet. That's a big difference!
1695825430432.png

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #49  
Why's that, though? The length, width, weight, power, and loader capacity are pretty much all in the same class.

Compare for yourself:

Wait, since summit reps are in here responding to posts, please clear up one more thing for us:

LX85 loader capacity is listed as both 1,102 lbs in the ad below, and 925 lbs on the spec sheet. That's a big difference!
View attachment 823576
Tractordata.com is an independent website that currently has the info for the 1st generation loader. The loader specifications at the higher lift capacity are the correct ones for the current/new generation loader.

Thank you very much for your interest and question.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #50  
Gotcha. But also - your own website still lists 925 lbs on the "specifications" page.

Ad bottom of page