• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Saw one today.. pretty nice

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #31  
Mirrors or no mirrors is not important to me, but the inclusion of a premium seat, a third function valve, and R14 tires in the base price make for a better operating experience provided that someone can obtain parts and service when needed.

If they are coming out with a higher HP tractor, I'd also want to know more about it and the pricing before deciding to buy the 25hp tractor instead of the larger machine.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #32  
Their website lists the TX25 tractor as $19,499 including the LX85 loader (1100 lift to max height!). At that price they are a solid 25-30% cheaper than a Deere or Kubota (which both have much weaker front loaders on paper), and includes many more standard features, too.

Question for those more well informed: If there is a 2100rpm mid PTO as standard, where is the mid-mower deck option? I see nothing on the summit website about mower decks. Why have a mid PTO if there is nothing compatible?

Great question: There is a mid-PTO, but this tractor is heavy; 3,500 lbs with loader and the standard RimGuard (aka Beet juice) filled rear tires. We offer and recommend a 60" 3-pt finish mower. They cost less, easier on and off, great cut, can be backed under trees. Many owners like mid mount mowers, many others learn to dislike them after having to remove to get the clearance to do other tasks. We are evaluating potential front mount snowblower partners to leverage the mid PTO.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #33  
Kinda funny to complain about deluxe standard features as if they are a problem, haha. I'm sure the mirrors are easily removable, but most of us with mirrors do just fine at not destroying them.

And I do actually agree about the self leveling loader, completely unnecessary in this machine size range - but again hard to complain about cost when it comes standard at $19.5k

Thanks for your comments. The mirrors are standard because many owners like them. They are mounted through the hood, and can be pushed out of the way as they rotate forward or backward if operation near or through potential obstructions. No tools needed, just a push to pull out of the way. For those that don't want to use them, they can be removed and we provide rubber grommets in the Owner's Box to plug the mounting holes.

As with the standard mirrors, the standard self-leveling loader is for those operators that have uses for it. It's there when needed. Pallet forks, one of those "gotta haves" for any SSQA loader is one of the best examples of the utility of a self-leveling loader.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #34  
If you use the mirrors you won't lose them; if you've got no use for them, remove them.

Personally, I used the mirrors I had on my old Deere all the time; now that I don't have them, I miss them.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #35  
Great question: There is a mid-PTO, but this tractor is heavy; 3,500 lbs with loader and the standard RimGuard (aka Beet juice) filled rear tires. We offer and recommend a 60" 3-pt finish mower. They cost less, easier on and off, great cut, can be backed under trees. Many owners like mid mount mowers, many others learn to dislike them after having to remove to get the clearance to do other tasks. We are evaluating potential front mount snowblower partners to leverage the mid PTO.
Ok so a mid-PTO and nothing to use it with... yet! Good luck on finding a front PTO solution.
So to be clear, there is no plan to make and sell your own mid-mower deck ?

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #36  
While evaluating a front mount snowblower, what about a front mount rotary brush cutter, too?

To explain the context, as I understand it, front mount tractor mowers are uncommon in the US and confined to some top tier tractors, but are more common place in Europe.

The traditional 3pt rear lift hitch makes sense for plowing and tillage applications, but does it really make sense to have to run over brush in order to cut it?

Add to that, tractors have some hillside stability issues. There are threads upon threads upon threads where owners are concerned about tractors rolling over on them on hillsides.

I'd like to see a manufacturer design a machine similar to Power Trac, Ventrac, or Steiner using front mount implements, specifically including a brush cutter, along with a low center of gravity and a diesel engine.

There is a specific TBN thread discussing the drawbacks of traditional tractor designs and suggesting Power Trac's design as an alternative. The niche product design that few have heard of that might actually be better suited to many people if ever such a design could be built and marketed on a larger scale.

Last edited:
   / Saw one today.. pretty nice #37  
Ok so a mid-PTO and nothing to use it with... yet! Good luck on finding a front PTO solution.
So to be clear, there is no plan to make and sell your own mid-mower deck ?
Hi Deezler, thanks for your continued interest and questions. No plans to offer a mid-mount mower deck. The Summit TX25H tractor is a large frame 25HP class tractor, 2,800 lbs. without loader and with the standard RimGuard in the rears. A Deere 1025R weighs 1,433 lbs (about 1,400 less). without loader and a Kubota BX2380 weighs 1,443 (about 1,400 less) both sub-compact models that sell at high volume and with mid-mount mower options. The Summit is a large frame 25HP class tractor designed as a work tractor. A consideration with mid-mowers is that often the mid-mower needs to come off when doing certain utility work due to ground clearance. For some operators, that is ok, some get tired of that weekly task during mowing season. We offer a 3-pt finish mower solution, which is much easier on/off, and a better choice for our tractor. Hope that makes sense.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #38  
While evaluating a front mount snowblower, what about a front mount rotary brush cutter, too?

To explain the context, as I understand it, front mount tractor mowers are uncommon in the US and confined to some top tier tractors, but are more common place in Europe.

The traditional 3pt rear lift hitch makes sense for plowing and tillage applications, but does it really make sense to have to run over brush in order to cut it?

Add to that, tractors have some hillside stability issues. There are threads upon threads upon threads where owners are concerned about tractors rolling over on them on hillsides.

I'd like to see a manufacturer design a machine similar to Power Trac, Ventrac, or Steiner using front mount implements, specifically including a brush cutter, along with a low center of gravity and a diesel engine.

There is a specific TBN thread discussing the drawbacks of traditional tractor designs and suggesting Power Trac's design as an alternative. The niche product design that few have heard of that might actually be better suited to many people if ever such a design could be built and marketed on a larger scale.
Hi 2manyrocks, love your user name! Must be a story there! We are considering a front-mount rotary cutter that uses the mid-PTO, but that is down the line a bit if we do move forward.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #39  
When we first began establishing our garden plot, it seemed like I was raking up a loader full of potato sized rocks every Spring there for a few years.

FWIW, so you don't have to waste time searching.... I agree with the fundamental point that the traditional tractor design might not be optimal for us weekend diggers or anyone who has to contend with hillside acres.

edit: not sure I agree that hydraulic is the way to drive a front mount mower. My wish list would include a mechanical PTO to drive a front mount brush cutter, 25hp diesel, HST transmission/2 ranges (one normal for field cutting, but one low range for heavy cutting), low profile, no exposed hydraulic lines/filters on the underside,). So not a copy of the Power Trac (no hydraulic implement drive/no hydraulic wheel motors), but something like it that incorporates these features from today's CUTs.

Having some experience under my belt, I am even more convinced now than I was when I began looking at tractors a year ago that the design of compact tractors, for us weekend diggers as opposed to real farmers, is all wrong. It is a design that has devolved, in an anti-Darwinian fashion, from a series of historical compromises and from blind mimicry of grandpa's agricultural tractor.

Here is a list of the design flaws and the obvious remedies:

1. The 3ph is an abomination. It is an historical industry compromise that, like all compromises, is a mediocrity at best. It is the interface that has launched a thousand hernias (and a googolplex cursewords). It needs to be replaced by the kind of simple, 30-second attachment interface that skidsteers have.

2. Mowers should be on the front of a tractor. This is so for both finish mowers and brush mowers. It is also so for snow blades and snowblowers. Having any of these in the middle or back of the tractor is inefficient, clumsy, and puts you in the hospital for with neck problems in addition to your hernia. The solution is having fully independent attachment interfaces on both ends of the tractor. Thus, for example, you could have the mower on the front and the FEL on the back as your "regular" set-up. This would also have the virtue of eliminating the need for clunky, useless counterweights for the rear of the tractor such as weight boxes, concrete-filled cans or trendy boxblades.

3. This naturally means you should be able to swivel the driver's seat around and drive in either direction. Thereby, your FEL or hoe would then be in front of you for proper operation, with the mower (or other useful implement) then becoming the "rear" counterweight.

4. The power connection to the attachment interfaces should be hydraulic, not mechanical. Just one-second quick-connect couplers. No more dangerous, twirling pto shafts to to catch your lovebead neckaces and choke you to death. No more clumsy, heavy implement shafts. No more lining up splines, or fiddling with collars and buttons.

5. All wheels should be the same size. Small front wheels are (for us weekend diggers) a largely useless artifact of agricultural crop row navigation. Might as well put sundials on tractors. Having equal wheel sizes would have many benefits. There would be a larger tractor footrprint and hence greater overall floatation. There would be less scuffing of lawns and imprinting in soils, and less sinking into wet soils and mud, because it is the small front tires that are the primary culprits in these matters. You could change tire sizes without worrying about differing 4wd circumference ratios between the front and rear wheels. You could fill all four tires for more traction and stability, and be driving an overall more weight-balanced vehicle. You would have better traction in 4wd, which should be significant in mud and snow applications.

6. Because mowing is a primary activity of compact users, these tractors should all articulate. This means they pivot in the middle to promote ease of turning and driving.

7. They should be significantly cheaper than they are. Why should a small compact tractor cost more than a compact car? Tractors are 1930 technology, for goodness sakes, and have relatively few parts. Something is wrong. They are way overpriced.

Having been on sabbatical from this forum for several months, I am pleased to observe that there is now an American-made product that cures most of these problems and meets most of these objectives: the Power-Trac, courageously purchased by Willingtonpizza. Having reviewed the Power-Trac on their website, it is obvious that there is no sane reason anymore to purchase the historically-flawed compact tractor.

You all may disgree with this, of course.

Last edited:
   / Saw one today.. pretty nice #40  
Their website lists the TX25 tractor as $19,499 including the LX85 loader (1100 lift to max height!). At that price they are a solid 25-30% cheaper than a Deere or Kubota (which both have much weaker front loaders on paper), and includes many more standard features, too.

Question for those more well informed: If there is a 2100rpm mid PTO as standard, where is the mid-mower deck option? I see nothing on the summit website about mower decks. Why have a mid PTO if there is nothing compatible?
I just purchased a new Kubota BX2680 with FEL, dual rear remotes and 60" belly mower for $24k so I must disagree with the Summit being any cheaper than Kubota.
With that in mind why would anyone consider any product without a local service network?
For example I have a 2 year old KX057. When it stalled in the woods and wouldn't restart my dealer's service truck responded the next morning. Back in operation 2 hours later.

Ad bottom of page