SAE VS ISO HELP!!

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!! #1  

oldrustysteel

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 850 Ford 8n Kubota B6100 AGT L12 Baby Excavator many other toys
This innocent looking label is driving me crazy. After buying my chinese baby-X, I immediately realized the control pattern is opposite to what I have always used. I expected it would be the more common ISO and I would just change it to SAE or JD or backhoe pattern. For at least 20 years, I have had the dipper, or stick, on my right joystick, and for the same amount of time, knew this pattern to be SAE or Backhoe, sometimes called John Deere. While reading posts on TBN, I see this label and realized, it is opposite from what I have known for years.. Could I be wrong, I asked myself. I know I am getting older, so I just accepted it as my mistake. End of story.. well not so fast. This has kept me up at night, wondering how I could be so wrong for so long. So after hours of searching and watching videos and going back in time remembering getting in a machine that was in ISO pattern and I would change it to SAE before I could operate it, maybe,, just maybe, this label could be wrong..? The logical thing for me to do is turn all of this over to the experts on this board. My sanity is now in your hands.. Please help. Thank You!!
3AA1C5C2-3E3C-47F8-ADC4-2A9B98C5C82E (1)  sae  iso.jpeg

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!! #2  
I think the sticker is wrong. but I've been wrong before.
"There's only one main difference between them: opposite joysticks control the boom and dipper. With ISO controls, the right joystick controls the boom and the left joystick controls the dipper. With SAE, the left joystick controls the boom while the right joystick controls the dipper."
ISO vs. SAE Controls Made Easy

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!! #4  
   / SAE VS ISO HELP!!
Can you swap the hoses, to reconfigure their operation?
yes. changing the controls is no problem. The issue I have is with all the wrong information that's out there. I took the label as being the final say. I would think that anyone who goes to the trouble to make a diagram or label would be accurate.

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!! #6  
yes. changing the controls is no problem. The issue I have is with all the wrong information that's out there. I took the label as being the final say. I would think that anyone who goes to the trouble to make a diagram or label would be accurate.
Wishful thinking.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / SAE VS ISO HELP!!
Just take the sticker off and run the machine..LOL
That label is not on my machine. it is floating across the internet. it had me thinking that I was wrong. I wanted to find the correct answer. It wont be long until the experts here will put this issue to rest..

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!! #8  
I'm no expert.... ;)

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!!
Thats what I always thought as well. I was surprised at how many people will say the opposite.. If someone asks me what my control pattern is, I want to be able to give them the correct answer. And if you are an operator, this is pretty important. Thanks for helping to clear this up for me.

/ SAE VS ISO HELP!! #10  
All I know that on my Korean backhoe right is dipper and left is boom and I can use the correct stick most of the time. Still have to think about the bucket because it feels backward (it's not) compared to the loader I spend much more time using