SA325 issues

/ SA325 issues #1  

Jeepsforlife

Tractor
Yanmar SA325
Bought my SA325 after years of tire kicking and research/comparing every tractor made. Have had it for 2 weeks with 3.6 hours on it.

I have noticed that at cold start up, it will spit and sputter before clearing up. This is regardless of air temp and following the manuals glow time. Did it at 60 degrees as well as at 40.

2nd, today the father in law stopped by to see the new purchase. When I went to open the hood we both heard parts fall. Come to find parts of the plastic hood had busted off causing the side panel and front grill to separate… left me feeling a little embarrassed.

Starting to wonder if this was worth the lower price compared with the kubota I was wanting… anyone else experience similar issues?

Going to find out if yanmar stands behind the warranty better than kioti does😬
DE919F0F-F872-4D18-8132-E7D1F6889B6B.jpeg
B96B786C-AD60-4A02-BED8-59D1F217AACE.jpeg
99E63F73-91B0-4720-AC80-87B325432DDF.jpeg
2E7A3AFD-A28F-45A6-B80D-5F4E68DF59B0.jpeg

Attachments

• 5CC1B098-9DBC-4DE2-A172-2E405F6165D1.jpeg
    5CC1B098-9DBC-4DE2-A172-2E405F6165D1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
   / SA325 issues #2  
I don't know Yanmar, bought Kubota as it was more appropriate to my needs. I found a couple nuts not correctly torqued. Given your issues I suggest going around your tractor and checking tightness of various nuts and bolts. Get a torque wrench and check wheel lugs and loader torques, too.

/ SA325 issues #3  
You can't slam/drop a plastic hood as thisgs
break, even if its metal the plastic can break
The new equipment vehicles etc are not made
like the old equipment vehicles were you could
slam the hood and not worry about it

willy

/ SA325 issues
Yeah, this was the first time I personally opened the hood, didn't even get a chance to slam it shut. I think they went a bit overkill on the shock for it. Takes some effort to close the hood. Any other times before was done by the dealer showing it to other tire kickers. Still, brand new you would think the plastic would be a little more resilient to use, after all the motor is just going to rattle everything at startup and shut down. :unsure:

I did come across a youtube video of a guy that rented a 424 with BH that pointed out how the plastic had fatigued over the years, similar to the plastics used on chinese scooters.

Either way, going to see what the dealer hears back from Yanmar on Monday and go from there.

/ SA325 issues #5  
Contact the dealer. This will likely be covered by warranty.

/ SA325 issues #6  
Yep should be covered under warranty, I would question what it went through and/or what the dealerships did before you received it ie overtightening screws etc. Not sure on the sputtering, mine will if it's cool out and haven't cranked in a couple weeks but that's about it

/ SA325 issues
Finally an update!

After contacting the dealer right away, they said a new one would be on the way. Finally this past week, they let me know it was shipped and on the way.

I would check in about once a month for an update, and dealer wouldn't have any new info from Yanmar on timeline. Yanmar definitely needs to get their supply chain figured out if they want to survive here. I know my dealer is not the issue.

/ SA325 issues #8  
My Yanmar (Same exact engine as yours) always starts right up but it does spit and sputter for a few seconds, especially when cold. But it doesn't last long and is running fine in a few seconds. I wouldn't worry about it, just the nature of the engine.

I started it in -5 temps on the Xmas weekend and it started with no issues. Only glowed it for 5 seconds like the manuals says.

/ SA325 issues #9  
As far as your decision to buy Yanmar over Kubota, I wouldn't judge your purchase based off of small thing like that. You think no Kubota has ever had any issues even when new? Now if you get a few hundred hours on that and you have had it in the shop several times, then you can judge your choice IMO. There are guys who have bought certain brands and have had that experience, I feel bad for them.

There are plenty of guys on here who are driving Yanmar (trouble free) some are branded yanmar and some of them are branded JD (but Yanmar built them). If you researched as long as you said, I'm sure you already know this.

I think you made the best choice. That item will be fixed under warranty and if you maintain that tractor you will be passing it down to your kids/grandkids.

/ SA325 issues #10  
YUP! I have 111.8 hours and so far have broken
2 valve stems off. Mesquite branches are really
hard so I just have to be more careful as I know
its my fault not the tractors. Sure glad I have the
cab with the temps in the 20's and nothing but ice
and you have to pump your brakes if you want to
stop and cut your speed way down. I would rather
crawl along than be in the ditch driving fast!

Its winter so be sure to run your a/c units for about
15 minutes each month to keep the a/c seals lubed

willy