Rural Security

/ Rural Security #21  
Perhaps a motion senor that triggers the sound of someone letting loose a weapon (like the clip played in Home Alone)

Aaron Z

Heck, you can hear that most days of the week around our place. :shocked: :laughing::laughing::laughing: Not sure the sound would scare anyone away.

There are quite a few people around us who obviously have more money than I do. They sure are shooting lots of money. :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Rural Security
Sherpa, have you used that merchant before? Never heard of them but hey've got some tempting gadgets.

LJH,
I bought some X10 products about 8 years ago but I dont remember from who or where?
They all still work pretty well.
They are battery operated and require about 25 batteries in all the security items I have in the house and the garage.
The batteries last a long time.
They are worth what you pay for them but some people give them a bad review.
sherpa

/ Rural Security #24  
On our first robbery the thieves blew the brains out of our Doberman while she was protecting the back door. They cleaned us out that day. On the second robbery attempt our two Dobermans ran the thieves off. All the stuff in my pole barn was stacked outside waiting for a truck to pick it up. But they couldn't deal with the Doberman's this last time. I feel better with the dogs when I am not home.

Shot your dog. Now there is a group of fellas I'd like to intoduce to a Louiseville Slugger.

/ Rural Security #25  
We haven't locked our doors but twice in the past 15 years-- and that was only when we were away for over a month. Never take the keys out of the cars/trucks at night, and take no special precautions when it comes to leaving equipment "exposed". Sheesh... reading this thread I'm wondering if we're just incredibly lucky, or living on borrowed time! Either way, I figure it best not to post my physical address... :)

/ Rural Security #26  
We haven't locked our doors but twice in the past 15 years-- and that was only when we were away for over a month. Never take the keys out of the cars/trucks at night, and take no special precautions when it comes to leaving equipment "exposed". Sheesh... reading this thread I'm wondering if we're just incredibly lucky, or living on borrowed time! Either way, I figure it best not to post my physical address... :)
My parents were the same way (they live in the middle of nowhere), then one night someone came around and stole the GPS, front to the radio and anything else loose in the cars. They have locked their doors ever since.

Aaron Z

/ Rural Security #27  

Same here. I honestly don't even know where my house key is and don't know a single house/barn/garage in this canyon that's ever locked. But y'know what, we all need to re-think it. As much as we hate to admit it, the times they are a-changing, even for those of us in the boonies. Sucks, don't it? :(

/ Rural Security #28  
Same here. I honestly don't even know where my house key is and don't know a single house/barn/garage in this canyon that's ever locked. But y'know what, we all need to re-think it. As much as we hate to admit it, the times they are a-changing, even for those of us in the boonies. Sucks, don't it? :(

Perhaps the few strangers that come into your canyon never leave..... :eek: A few guns, a good backhoe, and a lot of silence......

/ Rural Security #30  
I honestly don't even know where my house key is ...(

Been there! I well remember those times I mentioned when we did lock the house prior to a prolonged absence, it was a real pain rounding up a pretty large pile of keys from various drawers/nooks & crannies and trying to figure out what in he** they all went to. Probably 90% were paired to some door or device long since disposed of.