Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments

/ Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments #1  

bh10

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310se & Kubota B2920
I bought purchased a new to meused tractor, a 2012 DK55 w/ 200hrs, in all my research on tractors I complete over look and it has Cat 2 3pt system. I assumed it was like the DK45 I was looking at and had a cat 1. I also bought a Landpride cutter with it which a Cat 1. My question is, I want to go with Pats Quick Attach, but having issue whether to run a cat 2 to 1 system to run Cat 1 attachments or stick with Cat 2 system.

Now I know, most are going to stick Cat 2 b/c is beefier, but Cat 2 stuff is also a lot more expensive new and looking through craigslist everything thats used is Cat 1. We also purchased some land recently and the owner left a disc harrow on the property which is also category 1.

Mainly using this tractor for cutting, disc food plots on our hunting property and will eventually make a garden on our property.

/ Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments #2  
You will probably be okay on things like cutters, mowers, etc.

But anything that engages the ground, like a rear blade, disc, box blade, etc. Your tractor has the weight and power to damage. Especially the lighter duty CAT1 stuff.

/ Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments #3  
WEll, i think the answer that you want to hear is yes, you can run a cat 1 QA on a cat 2 tractor, just remember, your not going to be able to get away with using the homeowner implements at tractor supply unless your very dilligent

/ Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments
You will probably be okay on things like cutters, mowers, etc.

But anything that engages the ground, like a rear blade, disc, box blade, etc. Your tractor has the weight and power to damage. Especially the lighter duty CAT1 stuff.

WEll, i think the answer that you want to hear is yes, you can run a cat 1 QA on a cat 2 tractor, just remember, your not going to be able to get away with using the homeowner implements at tractor supply unless your very dilligent

Yea, I definitely get Im not going to be able to get away with small cat 1 stuff. Im looking more at Everything Attachments Xteme Duty series attachments, the cat one attachments rated up to 60-70 hp.

/ Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments #5  
There is a catch to that as well, Thats prolly 2wd HP.

/ Run Cat 1 or Cat 2 Attachments #6  
In short, if you have an existing Cat 2 hitch and want a Pat's then get a Cat 2 Pat's Easy Change. It is very easy to put bushings on the Cat 1 implements to make the lift pins Cat 2. Plus, the bushing are relatively cheap - usually less than $2 each if you shop around.

Cat 2 implements (and Pat's) are definitely beefier but the prices are MUCH beefier as well. Also, as you have discovered, used Cat 2 implements are hard to find.

I have a Cat 2 Pat's on my M7040 and run Cat 1 implements very often.