Rotten rims, two sizes on tires

/ Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #1  

SkyePN

Tractor
MF 135
Need to replace the rusted out rims on my MF 135, but my tires are marked with two sizes:

14.9/24-13/24

Can't find any info on why two sizes would be shown? Below those it says "on W13 rim"
Is the second size the rim recommendation?

I've been searching online and I can't find any 13/24 rims, this page says 535454M91 is for 13x24 or 14x24 tires:

They are just plain 6 bolt rims not power adjust.

Thanks

Attachments

• wheels 2022-01-06 11-31-00.jpeg
    wheels 2022-01-06 11-31-00.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 118
   / Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #2  
   / Rotten rims, two sizes on tires
I'm in Canada so I'd prefer to order from Sparex or a local tractor dealer once I've figured out what I need.

/ Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #4  
14.9x24 tires are mounted on 12x24 wheel loops/rims.

I got mine off eBay a while back.

/ Rotten rims, two sizes on tires
   / Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #6  
Thanks. I guess I will just stick a tube like this in it? Anything else I need? Tire has some cracks but it's good enough

That's what I did. I'd recommend air/water valves if the tube doesn't come with them. They're cheap enough and allow you to load the tubes/tires with liquid ballast. My tires are very likely original from 1964. They have cracks in them like crazy. I will run them until they fail.

If your old wheels rotted out, you might need new hardware (the six carriage bolts that fasten the loop to the center). The MF fine thread bolts are expensive, I went to the hardware store and grabbed some course thread carriage bolts and used them with a good bit of loctite. No problems thus far and it's been over three years...

/ Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #8  
Is that one of these (TRCH3?) valves?
Thanks for the heads up about the fine thread carriage bolts

No problem. Yeah, those are what you're looking for I think. You might want to check the tubes first to make sure they fit. I ordered some and when they showed up, they were the wrong ones. I had to put teflon tape on the valve stem, a steel valve stem cap, jack the axle up, and pray that it wouldn't puke all my calcium all over the place haha.

There are at least two different types, I can't remember what type I needed. Probably depends on the tube/valve stem?

/ Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #9  
I can’t seem to find quality metal valve stem caps that hold up in brush. Anyone know a source?

/ Rotten rims, two sizes on tires #10  
I can’t seem to find quality metal valve stem caps that hold up in brush. Anyone know a source?

Getting your valve stems taken off? Maybe time to weld a small pipe nipple to the rim and put a pipe cap on it for protection?