Rotating pickup tires

/ Rotating pickup tires #11  
I get my 2 vehicles checked for alignment, tires re-balanced & rotated every fall.

/ Rotating pickup tires #12  
When I buy new tires, the old ones to the recycle pile .

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Rotating pickup tires #13  
I replace my tires every two years regardless of the mileage on them. Off they go and into the back shed well out of direct sunlight. My theory is that when I retire I will not be able to afford new tires but I can run on the old ones for an extra 2-3 years each set. I have 4 complete (5 tire) sets, so right now if I was to retire I can run on two year old tires for 8-12 years plus the set I currently have on.

/ Rotating pickup tires #14  
I replace my tires every two years regardless of the mileage on them. Off they go and into the back shed well out of direct sunlight. My theory is that when I retire I will not be able to afford new tires but I can run on the old ones for an extra 2-3 years each set. I have 4 complete (5 tire) sets, so right now if I was to retire I can run on two year old tires for 8-12 years plus the set I currently have on.

In five years, your two year old set of tires behind the shed will be seven years old. Time does not stop for aging on tires.

/ Rotating pickup tires #15  
In five years, your two year old set of tires behind the shed will be seven years old. Time does not stop for aging on tires.
into the back shed well out of direct sunlight I guess you missed the part where I said 'INTO' and well out of direct sunlight.
How do we know for sure how old the tires are when we buy them to begin with?
Do they have a date of birth/manufacture on them?

/ Rotating pickup tires #19  
I rotate mine when I install the winter tires at the end of September. Here the winter tires stay on from 1st October through to end of April - legal requirement here. I have a set of spare rims which have the tires mounted on. I make sure the tires are marked as to where I want to put them next time around.

/ Rotating pickup tires #20  
My work truck (Ram 1500) gets rotated every other oil change, so every 10,000 miles, almost exactly every other month. I Just (25 minutes ago) replaced the original tires, got 15 months/83,800 miles out of the Goodyear Wrangler street tread.

Edit: replaced with 4 new Falken Wildpeak H/T 265/70r17; install, balance, disposal, tax, out the door $630.94