Loader Rock Removal

/ Rock Removal #21  
Not knowing the exact bucket size on the loader it's just a guess but say 6' X8' X 9'X 62.4 x2.8 = 75,000 or there abouts.

I edited my post and added the specs for the machine.

Based on the way the machine struggled, I'd say your estimate may be very conservative.

/ Rock Removal #22  
I dunno guys, that "rock" looks suspiciously like one of them foam Hollywood props. Probably weighs about less than 10 lbs max.

bumper :c)

/ Rock Removal #23  
I dunno guys, that "rock" looks suspiciously like one of them foam Hollywood props. Probably weighs about less than 10 lbs max.

bumper :c)

It's the really, really, really heavy foam.

The Loader weighs over 220,000 lbs.

Breakout force is 0ver 120,000 lbs.

/ Rock Removal #24  
I edited my post and added the specs for the machine.

Based on the way the machine struggled, I'd say your estimate may be very conservative.
No Looking at the specs the rated payload is 24 ton or 48,000 lbs so I'm high. On the other hand the breakout force is 123,000 and he was moving it but not actually picking it up so I just don't know. One **** of a machine and a BFD of a rock regardless.

/ Rock Removal #25  
Depends on which machine and loader I suppose. My 553 loader will lift 4000 and the 3PH is rated at 3198 lbs. I often find I can use the tractors loader and weight/ traction to pry a good sized rock up out of it's hole but then can't lift it clear of the ground. I end up getting the bucket under it and sliding them over to the edge of the field and into the woods. Sometimes right to the property line.
You must have some figures backward or something. My 72 HP Utility tractor will only spec out as 3500 # lift with the loader while it spec to lift 6173# with the 3 PH. MY Tractor weight without ballast or FEL weight is around 6600#. Your info doesn't list tractor size but the tractor in your profile photo looks like a CUT and NOT as big as a utility tractor. I think it will pick up a bit more than spec but not much more. The heaviest known weight I have lifted is probably when I lifted the front of my Chevy Silverado Z71. I have lifted rocks bigger than the one in your photo and I don't think they weighed more than 2500-3000 Lb.

/ Rock Removal #26  
No Looking at the specs the rated payload is 24 ton or 48,000 lbs so I'm high. On the other hand the breakout force is 123,000 and he was moving it but not actually picking it up so I just don't know. One **** of a machine and a BFD of a rock regardless.

Well, considering the machine weighs 220,000 lbs. And the boulder brought the rear of the machine straight into the air. A fair question is how much of the machine's weight is behind and above the front axle?

The boulder had to be heavy enough to lift that.

/ Rock Removal #27  
You must have some figures backward or something. My 72 HP Utility tractor will only spec out as 3500 # lift with the loader while it spec to lift 6173# with the 3 PH. MY Tractor weight without ballast or FEL weight is around 6600#. Your info doesn't list tractor size but the tractor in your profile photo looks like a CUT and NOT as big as a utility tractor. I think it will pick up a bit more than spec but not much more. The heaviest known weight I have lifted is probably when I lifted the front of my Chevy Silverado Z71. I have lifted rocks bigger than the one in your photo and I don't think they weighed more than 2500-3000 Lb.

I think his specs are correct, but they are a little misleading. 4000lb loader capacity is at the pins and only to 1.5m lift height, so not a very useful figure. The 5045e is a full size utility tractor, we have one with a loader, 4wd, wheel weights and fluid in the tires and it weighs about 8,000lbs. The loader is pretty large for the tractor, (and as a result pretty slow) and will lift 3000lbs at the pins to full height, which is about the same as my Case 1845C skid steer and our M9540 Kubota, which is a much larger tractor.

/ Rock Removal #28  
If that rock weighs 4000 lbs, I'll videotape me eating your dirty old hat and post it right here. :laughing:

Just from looking at the picture I would guess it is closer to 2000 lbs.

/ Rock Removal #29  
Geez you guys, I only bought it a few months ago, and I'm already starting to experience tractor loader capacity envy.

Oh well, if I sneak up on 'er with my pallet forks, I can still easily lift my wife . . .

bumper

/ Rock Removal #30  
Geez you guys, I only bought it a few months ago, and I'm already starting to experience tractor loader capacity envy.

Oh well, if I sneak up on 'er with my pallet forks, I can still easily lift my wife's . . .

bumper
:D Cant evaah let a man be satisfied with what he's got. It's bad for the economy.